When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sad story about one of our long term seniors...mikellem

KB

Mike,

. Every day is a new day and chose to live each as you did during the happiest times in you life - One day at a time !!!!

Any plans to do any fountain pens that can take a #5 or #6 nibs. I bet they would sell like hot cakes over at fountainpennetwork.com. If you just would do one I would buy one.

• Like 1

I just ordered a nice pen from Mike. I can't wait to get it and make it my everyday pen. I can tell just from the photos, his work are Master Pieces. Thanks Mike, and hang in there buddy. Enjoy life Everyday and have fun in what you do.

God bless,

Dave...

Dear Mike

I am sorry to hear about your situation. I have visited your store in hope of supporting you, but I see that you do not ship to Singapore.

I would be happy to order 2 pens from you if possible. Particularly keen on the gator bone one ;)

God bless and best regards

LK

Hi LK.  I would be happy to send a pen to Singapore. :)

email me at :  mikellem10@aol.com

I want to personally ThanK You guys for your support.  I have sold 4 pens so far and HOPEFULLY we call sell more.

I NEED YOU GUYS TO HELP ME OUT.....

I am trying to make these very cool Rolex Dial Pens except I am having a hard time getting any Rolex Dials.  Offshore

and Ken have been working very hard, but to no avail yet.

HOW MANY MEMBERS HAVE AN EXTRA ONE OR TWO ROLEX DIALS IN GOOD CONDITION OR NEW THAT YOU

WOULD BE WILLING TO SELL ME AT A REASONABLE PRICE SO I CAN MAKE THESE PENS FOR EVERYBODY.

COME ON GUYS....WHO HAS A SPARE ROLEX DIAL IN GOOD SHAPE?  OR MAYBE 2 DIAL? ;)   PLEASE PM

ME AND I WILL GET BACK TO YOU IMMEDIATELY.  I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF ROLEX DIALS FOR MY PENS.

THANKS GUYS,

MIKE ;)

Hi Mike,

I wanted to let you know I can't visit your store for some reasons :

Unfortunately, access to this particular item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in some countries. We are blocking your viewing in an effort to prevent restricted items from being displayed. Regrettably, in some cases, we may prevent users from accessing items that are not within the scope of said restrictions because of limitations of existing technology. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, and we hope you may find other items of interest on eBay.

It shows this message from France, Italy, UK, and Netherlands. Tested with some of my VPN's. I hope you can resolve the situation

All my wishes for you & your family...!

R.

The problem is those are all countries are signees of CITES Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora

The pen that is creating the problem unfortunately is the Alligator Bone pen. Back a few years ago, the Alligator was placed on the endangered species list, then threatened, now off the list, but in other countries, the alligator is still endangered, thus countries that have signed on to CITES prohibit the trade in Alligator skins, and any part of alligators. That's the reason you cannot ship Alligator skin watch bands to some countries.

But all the pens are not Alligator made, am I wrong ?

I don't know because I can't access to any of his products... That is weird

No, only a couple are, but who knows what happens when your EBay store has something that is prohibited, it may block everything? The EBay store works fine here in the USA,. Maybe you can try to sign in or look at the EBay USA site, find the pen you want and buy it directly from Mike, that helps him out, as he doesn't have to pay the EBay charges.

No, only a couple are, but who knows what happens when your EBay store has something that is prohibited, it may block everything? The EBay store works fine here in the USA,. Maybe you can try to sign in or look at the EBay USA site, find the pen you want and buy it directly from Mike, that helps him out, as he doesn't have to pay the EBay charges.

Well, whatever I do, I think it's cause of my IP. Even on ebay.com it does not work.

I'll test with an American IP later. It's bad for his business, I'm sure there is many people interested by his pens in EU... :(

I have no problem to go to Mike's store on Ebay on my iPad. I am located in Holland. The gator bone pen is really nice.

Exactly what I thought, that's why this is the pen I bought. Can't wait to get it!

Dave...

I bought the Pansies pen for my wife, got it today. Guys, I have to say it far exceeded my expectations!! If you like pens, you need to add one of these to your collection.

Damn, I need to find a way to visit his eBay store  :bangin:

EDIT: looks like to work with US based proxy... I think I'll order 1 or 2 pens in some days, they looks VERY good ! :)

I haven't seen Mike in several years now. Last time was at an L.A. area RWG get together. he's a lovely guy and I really like him. He, like me, is a real "watch [censored]". We spent lots of time comparing our wristies. I do hope his health improves and I think of him often.

Hi Robert,  Hope all is well ;)  I was reading your note above, and you state that the last time we saw each other was at an LA Area

RWG get together.  You forgot that since then,  we met 2 times at Jerry's Deli, right down the hill from your house.:)

So I guess I still have a little memory...

Great to see all you guys again...  Which I could hang out more, except I can't.  I need to make pens and sell them for income.

Any more pen buyers? ;))

Cheers Mates,

Mikellem

Mike

I bought the Pansies pen for my wife, got it today. Guys, I have to say it far exceeded my expectations!! If you like pens, you need to add one of these to your collection.

Thanks Arthur, The pen you bought for your wife has always been one of my favorites.

I hope she loves it as much as I do, and I think she will.  Thanks again Arthur for the support,

it really helps me out at the moment. :)

Cheers,

Mike

Mike, you're a gentleman of character and grace ... we're all better for knowing you. Thank you for being here.

Godspeed.

Bob, it's nice to hear these kind works from such a graceful, loving, caring and giving member!

You have done it all for all,  along with quite a few others.  You guys need to be padded on the

back individually, as this job you have is relentless and non gratifying except personally.

Thanks again my friend ;)   Thanks for having me...  This place has ALWAYS been my home away from

home.  Every day for many years, I would come home and jump online immediately,  even though I was

monitoring while working..OOPS!   :bangin:  But it was always the best time in the world. It's like coming home

at night to your family... I love you guys!   :partytime:

Mike

Now that's a sad thing to hear... wasn't aware of this. Mike is one of our respected veteran members. I've had a lot of good watch discussions with him.

All the best to Mike.

Thanks BT,  you of course have always been one of my favorites.  I have ready every review and article that you ever wrote,

and loved every minute of it.  You are super special to me and the RWG.

I thank you for me,  and I thank you for RWG also.   Sometimes we forget to give kudos when necessary...;)

Cheers,

Mike

Damn, I need to find a way to visit his eBay store  :bangin:

EDIT: looks like to work with US based proxy... I think I'll order 1 or 2 pens in some days, they looks VERY good ! :)

Valty,  i will make it easy for you,  here is my url to my pen store.  The name of the store is PENZRUS

Stop buy,  all my pens are already on big discount, which you will see when you get there.

RWG members get to take another  10% off if we stay off ebay.   PayPal is fine.

I could use your support,  and I feel I have a great selection right now, and I am adding new pens

every couple days.  Thanks Valty ;)

Mike

mikellem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121186956337&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Sorry to hear this, and I like many others wish him all the very best in his recovery.  My mother is currently dying from terminal cancer, and is just a matter of time now.  No bone marrow transplant possible due to her bones being riddles too :(

SSTEEL.  you are right,  there is no cure unfortunately and the marrow

inside the bone eventually deteriorate slowly.  

I try to keep my head up high every day...and just keep making

pens as it's very time consuming, except artistically rewarding...;)

Cheers mate,

Mike

mikellem

Hey Mike wish you well. I lost my grandmother to cancer. Just wanted to share with you a film I recently saw that is very encouraging "Dying to have known" please watch it and stay in the fight! I'll be praying for you.

Thanks for the heads up, except i have watched it already and will keep watching it.;)

Cheers,

mike

mikellem