When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sad story about one of our long term seniors...mikellem

KB

Mike,

. Every day is a new day and chose to live each as you did during the happiest times in you life - One day at a time !!!!

Any plans to do any fountain pens that can take a #5 or #6 nibs. I bet they would sell like hot cakes over at fountainpennetwork.com. If you just would do one I would buy one.

I can pretty much order any Boch nib you need,  this is not a problems.  I have I think 3 fountains posted,

and I sold one already... :)  I will check out your advise.  And i have to agree with you totally about one day at a time~

I am not a depressed person...

Thanks for the kind advice,

Michael

• Like 1

Wow Mike.

I havent been around much for some time,you are one of the good guys on these forums,i'm sorry to hear of your situation. I wish you the best.

I cant do what i did for Donny but i will be doing what i can tomorrow,bringing a tear to my eye reading this after all this time. Stay strong brother.

HI Guys,  I wanted to stop in for a minute and thank you for all your kind support in different ways...  This

response really lets me know how serious your friends really are, and take action..;)

I have been making New Pens all week, and just posted 9 spectacular beauties, and a little

lower  price point.  Please go take a look at my store. 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121189728365&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

AND THEN, SEE OTHER ITEMS.

I really cannot thank you enough...  I love you guys and i think about this forum everyday...   I will NEVER
forget my home away from home! ;)

Cheers mates,

Mike

• Like 1

Mike can you adapt most any nib to your pens? I have a few nice old nibs around. I may want to have something made with one of the old flexible nibs I have. If you love to write with a fountain pen, you haven't lived until you write with one of the old gold flexible medium or broad nibs.

I have no problem to go to Mike's store on Ebay on my iPad. I am located in Holland. The gator bone pen is really nice.

Exactly what I thought, that's why this is the pen I bought. Can't wait to get it!

Dave...

Forum Members, let me tell you all something. I just received my new Gator Bone Pen from Mike. I (use to) use a Mont Blanc Le Grand 161 75th Anniversary Pen everyday since 1999 when I bought it.

I'm now the Proud owner of a Michael Mulne Gator Bone Master-Piece Rollerball. I know I'll probably never use another pen again. This thing is such a work of art, you will not believe now well made this

thing is and how Great it feels in your hand. The Schmidt ceramic insert write extremely smooth and the pen feels so nice and balanced in your hand when using it, you Must own one of these.

Mike, I can't thank you enough for making such a wonderful writing instrument. You are a true Master of your craft!

BTW, my crappy cell phones pictures don't do this pen justice.

20131104_093239.jpg

20131104_093303.jpg

20131104_093339.jpg

Thanks,

Dave...

Edited by Aero_Dave
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

While searching for another topic, I ran across this thread again. Is there any word how Mike is doing, here a year later? I almost hate to ask, but maybe we need to step up in a big way right now, and this is no coincidence?

While searching for another topic, I ran across this thread again. Is there any word how Mike is doing, here a year later? I almost hate to ask, but maybe we need to step up in a big way right now, and this is no coincidence?

Nanuq, not sure but Mike has nothing for sale on ebay. He's has 21 reviews within the last 6 months, but

nothing since then. Not a good sign, but I hope Mike is doing well. I still have, use & Love my pen

Mike made. Truly a masterpiece and well crafted writing instrument. 

Dave...

As of a couple of weeks ago, Mike was doing OK, not great but feeling well enough to buy a couple of watches that he was planning on having modded.

He was pretty bummed out over the sales of his "watch dial" pens. He told me that he wasn't feeling well enough to spend a lot of time trying to sell pens on EBay.

If he reads the thread, maybe he will stop in for a bit to say hello. He is a great guy, and one of the most generous of people you will ever come across.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully he is doing ok. My wife underwent a bone marrow transplant for leukemia in September, so I am well-versed in what it's like to endure that.

She's been in and out of the hospital since April and I think the extended waiting time was actually responsible for getting me back into the watch world! After a couple year break from buying/selling/reading about watches, I started revisiting WUS and the rep sites to try to kill time. The forums have proved to be a great distraction for me and are helping keep me sane.

I came to know him on a personal level in the old days (2003-5). A real gentlemen and a total aficionado of the rep world. Haven't seen him in a number of years, but think of him as representative of the classy old school guys on the board.

Miss him and look forward to seeing him back for a visit.

Get well, Mike.

Is the guy doing ok? Bone marrow transplants take a lot out of a person (my wife is still recovering from her September transplant) and there is both acute and chronic Graft vs Host disease to contend with. The patient is very closely monitored for at least 100 days afterwards and it's a long road back to feeling normal.

If any of you are curious about what he's facing, Google Graft vs Host and marrow transplant.