When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Repairs by MD2020

Kinskeys

I just had a watch repair by MD2020 a week ago, complete service, what a joke, it stop running & the guy won't answer emails or his phone by text or answer, so I just want to let everyone know not to use his service, & if anyone knows of a good watch repair guy could you please let me know

Also where are you mate.... that way guys can suggest least shipping risk for you :)

I think there has been quite a lot written about MD2020..regarding service etc It might be worth contacting through those threads as some guys are points of contact for dealing with issues arising out of MDs services...

I think MiketheBike is the guy to ask mate....

Plus I would also suggest you copy this thread to the review section just below the watch sales sections etc :)

How you people are still sending this guy watches to repair when we have a private pm list with at least 9-10 people without their watches and him not contacting any of them is amazing to me.

I'm pretty sure OP sent his watch to MD2020 way before all this started

Kinskey as ghost said "week" give it some time to get a response. Posting in forum after a week or so not such a good idea.

I am not so sure I agree mate on the face of it....

There are 2 issues in the OP

1) The provison of a full service to his watch and the lack there of

2) The communication after receipt of the dead watch

The first one given the historical issues that abound should be posted or can be posted (OP decision) based on his review/feedback..

The second one is ongoing and yes a week maybe a short period to some but still its worth noting so other guys thinking of using the service at a later date reading this can decide whether they are willing to accept slow communication..... or the risk of it.

Waiting a week after paying for something you didnt get is pretty poor.... even a holding reply would be something .. if it is difficult to deal with the issue as it should be (or has been explained to be)

The second point also leads to a third... How the matter is dealt with by MD so at this time after contacting MD a week back he has still had no reply (people can read into that what they will ie thats normal, thats slow, thats unacceptable etc )

Even if the OP waited to post anything and later posted a thread...it would still start the same way and again guys could draw their own conclusions from it and how it was dealt with.

We all know things like this can happen..... I have had a couple of watches that I sent away for servicing that came back with issues.... however on both occasions the watchsmiths involved got back to me quickly (within a few days) and without any real hardship just said "send it back and I will sort it".... it may be frustrating it may be annoying but I couldnt ask them to do more than that... and the reply email was a simple couple of lines in both cases....

I aint trying to start some long winded thread here.. ;) Its just my 2 cents based on my own experience and expectations (that I have learnt) in this hobby :)

The history of communication..oraly, by letter, by phone.. and finaly by way of internet :bangin:

I always preferred oral...but it can be pricey ...;)

It's a 116610 rep with a Swiss ETA 2836-2 & I'm on the east coast in Washington, DC. I paid MD2020 over $130 to service it, which he said he did & would ship it out Monday, well a week went by & I emailed him with no reply, so I looked him his parents number who he still lives with & called everyday until he finally called back & say he'll ship it back, I got it back & the date changes @ 9 pm instead of 12am then around 9 am & 9pm it'll stop running, I email him more then 3 times & called his cell phone and left a message then texted him a few times, never got a reply once, at this point I'll take my lost with him & look for a true repair guy who's not going to rip me off, so if anyone know a good repair guy not a kid who still lives with his parents please let me know, & if he still owes anyone a watch I got his parent's number so you can call & leave a message until you get your watch. He did fix it once before & it worked for almost a year, so I gave him another try but after this no way

• 4 weeks later...

I have 2 watches that need to be serviced and just sent Katt an email as well.  Fingers crossed!  I don't know who else to go to in CONUS. 

Katt's been a trusted repair guy for a few years now, and always has glowing reviews. I am certain you will be perfectly fine. He will not take Chrono movements .. no 7750 and 7753. You have to see Vaccum in Florida for those.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, since I saw this topic, I would like to update the community that I did my watch back from MD2020 after the non-communication episode.

It got sent to him with -22sec/day. It returned with -23sec/day. I doubt he even serviced it, because the backcover, which was put upside down by the previous modder, was in the same position, and the position of each screw is exactly the same!

I have sent the watch off to Vac for some real servicing/repair. AVOID!!