When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pardon My Ignorance...

Jaymoi

Ok so it is Sunday night, i have spent a good few hours drooling over watches already today so i decided to delve into RWG2's past; back to the 139th page!

And what did i find... i find the slandering of Blade all over the shop. Now this brings me back to the main point of this post... WHY did we all move from RWG1!?

I mean i will admit it, i followed the trend and just jumped over, i don't know why i did it, for what reasons, i have got the idea that there were massive differences between key members/admin/moderators?

All i want to know is the following:

1. Why did we move?

2. Why do people hate blade?

You see during all of this kerfuffle i wasn't on RWG for months, i was farming on a farm in the country!

Please don't simply refer me to other posts, i have tried this but simply cannot follow!

Explain!

Cheers!

Moi :g:

Edited by Jaymoi

Ok simple answers..

(1) We moved because the old site was dying as Balde went AWOL for an extended period of time and it was only a matter of time until it crashed never to be revived as only Blade had the keys and no one knew how to reach him.

(2) Two reasons (i) See above and (ii) When he went AWOL so did all the RWG C1 watches.

Ken

Yes he was the Admin and creator of the site and the C1 was the watch we all designed, how much was taken is hard to say you first need to understand that when we started up the new site we decided to do a one off payback.

That is everyone who did not elect to donate their lost watch was repaid either in full or in some cases partial, so everyone was happy until..........

Blade came back, he offered very little in way of explaination and he promised to ship out all the watches, now the problem is we know he shipped some but by no means did he ship all so we have, nor will we ever have a way of determing how much was lost into cyberspace.

Ken

Holy Sh*t! So he isn't around here now anymore is he?

Also, where is Klink!?

I remember him from the old days.

And one more Q! I used to read a joke or a phrase with the words "i am jetmid" in them - please explain! Lol.

I am enjoying this, its like a history lesson into my favorite hobby and place on the net.

Moi

Hey TonTon, join in dude!

Well i can take a moment to explain the whole 'JETMID' thing

Basically, a long time ago there was a thread started by a member which asked the question "Whats the most expensive watch you own?".

Not an obviously outlandish question by any streatch of the imagination.

But then...............

Jetmid posed this question, and then said he will start off by declaring that he has a $50,000 Patek Phillipe!!!!!!

He then got absolutely slaughtered! :bicycle::bangin:

Many people thought he just asked the question so that he could make the statement about HIS watch

People asked what he did for a living to afford such an expensive watch (apparently he loans out Jet Airlines or something......), and why the hell he was on a REP watch forum!?

Everyone basically called BS on him. :lol::animal_rooster:

Then.............

Many months later, after NO forum posts from him, he returns with pics of him (or someone else) wearing an undoubtably genuine Patek Phillipe perpetul calender (as he decribed it in the first place), and even took wristshots of it with the RWG page showing in the background!

This, my friend is the stuff legends are made of! LOL! :whistling:

Haha. Well now it is Monday morning for me. And i am going to go to bed and dream of naked girls wearing sexy watches throwing themselves and their watches at me!

Nite all.

Moi.

P.S. Any more RWG history would be interesting!

And does he actually own one!? Or was it just a [censored]-take TonTon?

OK, here is a question for you...

I was aroud at RWCC and TRC as well as RWGI (all under the screen name teevtee which is the long and odd version of my name here, TVT). ANYWAY, about a year ago I sort of got side tracked and had little time to post or read much, well i read but did not post. Somehow I missed the whole RWGI drama as I was moslty posting on TRC and still do. My question is this... whith TRC still going strong why was RWG2 started? I always thought RWG1 was sort of needless since we had TRC. Now in addition we also have the Dark Side which I don't bother posting on.

So is there any specific reason that RWG2 was started instead of just using the long established and well run TRC as the new consolidated home base?

P.S. Any more RWG history would be interesting!

Well, there have been the (in)famous threads about the TRL... ;)

So is there any specific reason that RWG2 was started instead of just using the long established and well run TRC as the new consolidated home base?

Yes, we were a bit too excited for the elegant, slow-paced TRC people! :lol:

Seems more like an opinion than a question, but to asnwer it: I assume the thinking was that if RWGers wanted to make TRC the main--and I guess only if RWG went dark--rep board then a large number of members would have bolted RWG to make TRC their homes when it became clear that RWG was spiraling out of control toward an inveitable crash and burn. A few did exactly that, many more didn't. Thus, there seemed to be a demand for whatever RWG was and Admin and the RWG Founding WISes ment that demand w/ RWG II. I think the desire for RWG existed because RWG and TRC really were different in many ways, which were probably clear to anyone who frequented both.

I've always been a RWG guy, although I'm regular reader and infrequent poster @ TRC. I'm glad they're both doing very well.

RWG wil always be home, but I joined RWI a few weeks ago and definitely reccomend you and any other collector check it out. There are several excellent threads over there, including one which looks like it may have permanentlysolved the annoying (if minor( "A" problem on PAM dials.

Archibald:

Thanks. No opinion or editorial was intended on my part, just an honest question.

Seems like a lot of people accidently are reading things into some of my posts recently. It MUST me me or my style of writing because I an not implying anythimng other than what I am directly asking or saying.

So thanks for the info, I wasnot really reading a ton when RWG went down, it was during a time when I was very busy elsewhere with other more important things in my life going on. When I got back to reading the boards suddenly there was this odd split and new boards and I never REALLY understood what heppened.

Another question for you, and I really should know this but I frankly just don't, is the Admin of RWG2 the same Admin of TRC fame?

Another question for you, and I really should know this but I frankly just don't, is the Thomas of RWG2 the same Thomas of TRC fame?

Hi TVT,

The answer to that one is yep! One & the same.

Some of us "old" guys from RWG asked him to build us a home, which he obligingly did.

I came on the scene about the time TRC started ( I'm aland over there), and was one of the early RWG'ers.

After/during the Blade fiasco, a group got together to try to rescue what was left... and long story short, RW Guide was born, with T as the helm... and here we are... bigger & better than ever.

I think the reason for not amalgamating with TRC was a "style" thing... maybe they are a bit more WIS..S..S, over there.

Offshore

I should point out also that we did explore the possibility of moving shop to TRC but after giving it some thought Thomas felt that the mood and pace of us RWGer's would not sit comfortably with his members at TRC.

Ken

Cool, thanks for the info.

I thought it was good old Admin from TRC but I was just not sure and felt sort of stupid asking previously for some reason.

I am really happy that Admin is also involved with RWG2 as he is a great guy and REALLY works hard. Likewise thanks for the work that ALL the mods and admins have done.

I recall that there was some debate over whether there should be more than one board a while back. My opinion was that one board is better than many because it is just easier to follow and keep track of and I did not see the need for more than one. However I am re-considering that thought now as the different feelings of the boards are more obvious to me now then they used to be.

On the other boards (where I have been teevtee) in the past it seemed that the tone was more or less the same, but there certainly IS a different vibe between the two I guess.

Thanks again

From what I remember, RWG2 (here) was made as a haven for all the old articles on the old RWG. This worked well, right up until a Moderator over there was refused moderation rights here and, in a drink-fuelled rage (find the posts, I'm not dragging this one through the mud any more than this) deleted important key threads during the transition period.

The ex-mod since cleaned up his act and is now a welcome productive member on this board.