When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (preview)

markiemark

Agreed White but I am sure you have read my position on this before at a certain price point I go Gen. I have paid over $400 for a rep like 3-4 times ever two TC's and two modded ones with gen parts , I practice what I preach.

PS guys love, love the watch by the way, it's killing me but not going there.

I realize that everyone wants a rep of a 10K watch, but the prices are approaching those of very nice genuine watches. Especially when the price gets up there around 800.00 USD

Here is a genuine alternative for 799.00 USD brand new, probably a couple of hundred less used on WatchUSeek sales forum.

Ocean7 LM-5 Dress Diver

Swiss Made
• Polished Steel Case
• Swiss Automatic Movement ETA or Sellita
• 42 mm diameter
• 13mm height
• Swiss Super-LumiNova Dial Markers and Hands
• Domed Sapphire Crystal With Inside Anti-Reflective Coating
• Domed Sapphire Bezel Insert, Fully Illuminated
• Water Resistance - 20atm/600ft
• 22mm Lug Spacing
• Screw Down Crown
• Unidirectional 120 Click Bezel
• 3D Carbon Leather Pattern Sport Strap with Double Deployant Pushbutton Release Buckle

post-327-0-15571400-1390245304_thumb.jpg Comes on a nice Carbon pattern strap, just trying on different NATO's in this photo. I sold this one to buy the LM-5 GMT, which is 899.00 with a genuine ETA 2893-2 movement.

Ordinarily, I would be ecstatic to finally see this coming out.  However, it's very hard to justify that price for a rep with ropey side engravings, and a case that looks not too different from those used in the old quartz FF chronograph reps.

$500!  How much did the PloProf reps cost when they were released? 

How much did the PloProf reps cost when they were released?

I just ordered one, $328 for an A2836.

And I agree, beautiful watch. But as others have said at $500 it needs to have significant quality checks in place, not sure if the rep industry is ready or able to have actual QC. That is counter to their business model, make watch as cheap as possible to make as much profit as possible.

That said, I'll be looking at that Ocean model P153 showed...

"And I agree, beautiful watch. But as others have said at $500 it needs to have significant quality checks in place, not sure if the rep industry is ready or able to have actual QC. That is counter to their business model, make watch as cheap as possible to make as much profit as possible.

That said, I'll be looking at that Ocean model P153 showed..."

+1

Despite the truth of this statement along with others I bet they sell like hotcakes! :bangin: