When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bell & Ross Wrist Shots

mog

Having cut out a 46mm square piece of card and looked at it on my wrist it is still hard to imagine how big a B&R rep would look. Since I haven't got forearms like Arnie I am just curious to see what they light look like on a wrist. Has anyone got any wrist shots of these beauties?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry, no wrist shot here but I have tried on the gen and the 46mm SQUARE is MUCH bigger feeling than even a 47mm ROUND watch. The example I often point to is the Tag Monico. That watch seems very large, like Panerai 44mm large and yet is only 38mm! (or is it 40mm? doesn't matter). the square size really exagerates the size.

I have average sized wrists and while I guess I COULD wear the B&R 46mm it honestly felt like I hade a coaster on my wrist. To be fair the first time I put on a 44mm PAM I felt it was too large but the B&R is REALLY, RWALLY large. To me maybe a bit comicly large. I think a lot of peopel would view it almost as a novelty joke watch of some sort, it feels THAT big.

Now if you are a big guy, football player size, then all bets are off, you can wear anything you want.

Notice in the first shot how the lucgs OVERHANG the wrist. The watch is actually wader than the guys wrist is! To me that is just silly. I like to see a little strap before it turns to go around the wrist. In this case not only do you not see strap but there is actually space between the strap and the wrist because the watch is so wide.

Notice in the first shot how the lucgs OVERHANG the wrist. The watch is actually wader than the guys wrist is! To me that is just silly. I like to see a little strap before it turns to go around the wrist. In this case not only do you not see strap but there is actually space between the strap and the wrist because the watch is so wide.

I do not think that's a man's wrist.

If you have arms like a girl, this is not the watch for you.

Edited by cosmosblau

Hmmm, looks a little too large. By the looks of the wrist shots we have seen so far, the lugs of the B&R will overhang the wrist of quite a few people which will make it likely to get scratched, dinged, caught on things etc. when you wear it (not to mention it looks a bit silly). I think this issue is more to do with the shape; it looks like a human wrist can more easily accomodate a 47mm round watch than a 46mm square one.

I think I am also coming to the conclusion that this is a watch that looks better off the wrist than on.

To *me*... that watch just looks silly (but then again, I thouyght the same about Panerai five years ago (look at me now lol))

It may look better to me on a bigger wrist, but I think the design is pretty bad overall... No offense intended

Hmm. Thanks the for help guys. I am not sure my wrist could pass that off, which is a real shame as I really like the design. Perhaps I just need to work out more :D

I see there is a 39mm square version which I assume is not an authentic size, but it might be what I would have to plump for.

I think it's an acquired taste. I thought the same about my first PAM (104) but got used to that fairly quickly.

And then when I stepped up to a Radiomir and thought THAT was too big, but got used to it, too. It's not that big of a shock for me, then, to take a further step up to the BR. It's truly a beautiful watch-pics do not do it justice. Anyway, someone with large wrists might want to post some pics.

Oh, and no, I'm not wearing a sweater in those pics! ;-}

I really am not sure why they would design the watch so big that virtually no one can actually wear it without looking like an absolute clown.

I really appreciate indenial's shots and willingness to tack a little flack here, but it just looks stupid in my opinion. I think if the lugs overhang your wrist THE WATCH IS TOO BIG!

I mentioned this before but I honestly think that people will view this watch as a novelty, as if you were wearing giant joke sunglasses or something. It seems like somehting a prop comic would use in a bit or a clown would use to entertain 10 year olds at a backyard birthday party.