When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

wrong insert! help plz.

jack219

Hi guys.

i have a problem and i need some help plz.

i got my TC sub v6 last week.

few months ago i ordered gen insert for my tc sub and the insert waited for his watch until last week.

when i came put the gen insert on tc sub i saw something weird.

I put the gen insert over the caddel vintage insert and it seems the gen insert smaller than the caddel insert.

i sent a pics of the gen insert to TC and he told me he pretty sure its not 16610 insert, perhaps 16600 or 14060 insert.

i was yesterday by watchmaker and he told me also the insert that is not match to the watch.

i was so disaapointed.
i sent mail to the seller who sold me the insert and that what he said-
"Your watchmaker knows genuine Rolex bezels....not reps Brother.

I'm not sure what you're talking about....the insert is a genuine 16610 insert.

(and it's the correct date era for the replica you have)

Your watchmaker needs to know the bezel ring isn't genuine.

(nor is the 16610 you have...BUT the INSERT I sold you IS 100% GENUINE !! )

Ive got no idea what watch or bezel ring you're trying to install the insert on.
But I assure you the insert I sent you is 100% GENUINE ROLEX !"

now i dont know what think about that issue.
if the seller right or maybe he just a cheat.  maybe I fell a victim to a scam, i spent 200$ for this insert.

what do you think about all this?
is that a reasonable gen insert not match to TC sub v6?
the bezel ring rep has same dimension compare to gen bezel ring?

I attached a pics of the comparison, look plz and tell me what your opinions.

btw- the seller is from this forum- his name: george ingram, his nick name- "correcttime". i'd love to hear a feedbacks about him.  

Thanks,
Jack

post-54016-0-39134100-1391036816_thumb.j

post-54016-0-15086000-1391036818_thumb.j

post-54016-0-86925600-1391036819_thumb.j

post-54016-0-71811800-1391036821_thumb.j

TC subs have the correct dimensions as per gen and every part is interchangable with gen. My gen insert is the same size as TC's (v6) insert and snapped right into the bezel.

I think you should've not mentioned it is for a rep. Never mention the word rep, or a synonym to it, when purchasing gen parts!

If this is a rare insert and the one you want is not rare, you should be able to sell this one and buy the one you do want and make some money!

More fool the seller who sold it to you :)

the seller who sold me the insert is- "correcttime"

its gen, thats for sure. I am pretty sure that its for a seadweller, not a 14060. the size difference btw the 14060 and the 16610 is not as drastic as that one. I think you have a nice little money maker here. 16610 inserts are easy to get.

someone could a measure 16600 insert and tell me the dimesions plz? i want to make sure my insert its really 16600.

Thanks

Jack 

p.s. if somebody wants buy the insert or change for 16610 plz let me know.

Here's what I have on the rep SD insert that I took off. Should be close enough to tell you what you have.

36.4 OD

29.8 ID

3.5 width

Edit: The numbers don't add up correctly since the actual width of the insert is different due to the angle of the insert. Measuring it sitting on a flat surface it's 3.33 width. Also not using a digital caliper.

Edited by kbh
  • Like 1

Here's what I have on the rep SD insert that I took off. Should be close enough to tell you what you have.

36.4 OD

29.8 ID

3.5 width

Edit: The numbers don't add up correctly since the actual width of the insert is different due to the angle of the insert. Measuring it sitting on a flat surface it's 3.33 width. Also not using a digital caliper.

thank you very much

"Correcttime" probably made an honest mistake.He is not out to cheat you.I have dealt with him several time.I have seen this mistake before many times where 16610,16600, and 14060 inserts can easily gen mixed up.

Hopefully everything will be sorted out....

j

i would want to believe you but I cant coz he is still say it's 16610 insert and ignores all messages I send him. Last night I sent him another email and again no reply.

im very disappointed from his attitude. 

36.4 OD

29.8 ID

3.5 width

can you measure the insert please? Inside and outside diameter..

thank you.

i measured my insert- its 3.5 cm width. 

so is this 16600 insert for sure?

Jack