When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex 5513 / Rolex 5514

Akira

The 5514 Rolex Comex with ft first matte dial is a rare and special watch.
Supplied for Comex divers without a Comex branded dial, kind of a prototype and the first watch delivered to Comex by Rolex.

file_zpsfb29da0c.jpg

I love Subs...vintage that is. 

What's more to say about it?
When I've heard the parts list for the build, I imagined something special.
Had I anticipated something that nice? No! 

Parts? Someone said parts?
Parts, parts, parts...

HH 5514 case
Athaya 7020 tube
Athaya pearl
Eta 2846
Genuine 24-702
Genuine Tudor hands
Genuine mid font insert
Genuine service dome T19
Genuine ft first matte dial

The bracelet is my Yuki 7206 and not a perfect nor periodically correct fit. Just used for the shoot.

Some mods and tweaks by myself and voila:

file_zps09018806.jpg

file_zpse5ee54cf.jpg

file_zpsc0b3e97c.jpg

file_zps85cdb321.jpg

file_zps06537ce1.jpg

file_zpsfed26fec.jpg

file_zpscb2db9cc.jpg

file_zps946cfecd.jpg

file_zps84ba1d06.jpg

file_zps8066ebef.jpg

Who can guess the owner?

Thanks for your attention!

A

HH (member highhoeyazmuhudee as mentioned above) was able to complete a small run of the 5514 cases. He was working on the other case versions, but due to some bad QC practices in China and getting screwed by a manufacturer, he wasn't able to get them done.

I believe I got one of the last 5514's he still had available, and that was some time ago (September). The only way you would be able to get one now is through the sales section.

Was really too bad the other case projects couldn't be completed... HH put a lot of work into them and the 5514 case came out beautifully.

Edited by tomhorn

HH (member highhoeyazmuhudee as mentioned above) was able to complete a small run of the 5514 cases. He was working on the other case versions, but due to some bad QC practices in China and getting screwed by a manufacturer, he wasn't able to get them done.

I believe I got one of the last 5514's he still had available, and that was some time ago (September). The only way you would be able to get one now is through the sales section.

Was really too bad the other case projects couldn't be completed... HH put a lot of work into them and the 5514 case came out beautifully.

Oh I see. It's really annoying that the project be stopped.

Many thanks for this clarification, tomhorn.

Very nice build. Where did you source the crystal?

The service dome is sourced from a great member that has posted in this thread :)

He saved me after it turned out that the originally bought t19 dome (from a guy at VRF) didn't fit...

Great result!! You're a brave man because I didn't have the stomach to cut the feet on my gen dial :)

Thanks! And I'm forever impressed by that great 1520 build of yours. Would of course have gone that path if I had the funds...