When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

FakeWatchBusta

Limestone

1. I'm not the Fakewatchbuster, but I know him. And I support his actions on IG.

2. I commented in this thread because it was linked to from another watch forum.

3. I was aware of the existance of replica forums, but I DID NOT know this was one of them when I made my first post.

4. I'm sorry for calling you names. I really and truly am.

5. I have not called or said that anyone here are criminals, but in my and many others opinion the fake-industri is.

6. I did not log out because - well, I don't know. Curiosity maybe?

7. I understand the forum members who wants me outta' here. My reaction would be exactly the same if someone came into "my" forum andbal acted as a troll - or even worse.

You get a welcome from me.

When something is 'new' to people of course you are defensive at first.

As you will see the people here are not out to con anyone. In fact most of us press the alert button on the net if anyone is trying to deceive anyone else.

Apart from that, you will meet amazing individuals here with a real and sincere passion for watches. Many gen owners here too who have had their veil lifted to other passionate watch collectors who simply enjoy specific designs, watch movements, changing straps and generally looking for ways to elevate their love for watches to a high level.

• Like 1

You get a welcome from me.

When something is 'new' to people of course you are defensive at first.

As you will see the people here are not out to con anyone. In fact most of us press the alert button on the net if anyone is trying to deceive anyone else.

Apart from that, you will meet amazing individuals here with a real and sincere passion for watches. Many gen owners here too who have had their veil lifted to other passionate watch collectors who simply enjoy specific designs, watch movements, changing straps and generally looking for ways to elevate their love for watches to a high level.

1. I'm not the Fakewatchbuster, but I know him. And I support his actions on IG.

2. I commented in this thread because it was linked to from another watch forum.

3. I was aware of the existance of replica forums, but I DID NOT know this was one of them when I made my first post.

4. I'm sorry for calling you names. I really and truly am.

5. I have not called or said that anyone here are criminals, but in my and many others opinion the fake-industri is.

6. I did not log out because - well, I don't know. Curiosity maybe?

7. I understand the forum members who wants me outta' here. My reaction would be exactly the same if someone came into "my" forum andbal acted as a troll - or even worse.

If I'm honest, I don't have a problem with batman calling out the muppets on ig trying to pass off that stuff as gen to anyone that will look in the hope that their self esteem and value as a human being will somehow be increased. Again being honest as this bug has turned into a fever I have had to take stock and ask myself why I feel the need to buy more reps when I already own my three dream watches.

It could be argued of course, the insatiable desire to purchase more watches that is only curbed by the capacity of my wallet and my landlords completely selfish demand that his rent is paid EVERY month, Is because deep down I'm trying to fill the ever increasing void that knowing I don't have the genuine version brings. Or conversely it could be argued that I simply like the way they look on my wrist and could not care less that they are not "genuine"

I owned a genuine brietling gt some years back. I would like to again one day however I have a wife who loves me and 3 beautiful children that I would prefer to spend my money on. My value as a person does not come from a watch. Rep or otherwise.

Minuteman, I challenge you. Stick around make some friends, show us your gens, educate us with your knowledge of the pieces you own, hell why not build the ultimate franken and get us all drooling. If you do stay surely you will have to take the prize for the most insane entrance ever made on rwg.

Note to mods. Sorry to add fuel to the fire. Maybe I should have refrained and let the more established members deal with this thread. I've just grown to love this place, I promise to upgrade ASAP!!!

Bvc.

Edited by bvc
  • Like 1

I have no problems with minuteman hanging around, if he is civil, which he seems to be now, and is a contributor to the forum. AFA the folks who wear replicas and try to pass them off as genuine, well, that's about the same as going over to the Vintage Rolex forum and posting your MBW 1680. You are going to get hammered, and frankly, you get what you deserve.

I believe that he vast majority of contributing members here, are not trying to pass their reps off as a genuine watch, and I say contributing, because there are literally thousands of people who sign up for this and other rep forums come on board, read a few posts and find out where to buy a good rep, leave, with a zero post count, never to be seen or heard from again. I cannot speak for these folks, because they never made a contribution at all. I would guess however that a fairly large number of these "pass through" individuals do indeed buy a rep watch to impress their friends with their "real" Rolex, AP,Omega, etc. What these people do with their watches is their own business, but I don't believe that you should implicate the entire rep community because of what some folks do.

As far as the rep community being a criminal activity and supporting organized crime, I'm afraid that you are going to have to show me some real statistics to support that theory. I very seriously doubt that the replica watch industry in China is anything but industrious entrepreneurs who are trying to get ahead in the world, like everyone else. I have a sneaking suspicion that a lot of the replica watches come out of the very same factories that produce the millions of low end to mid range watches that you see in Dept. stores, WalMart and other discount stores. The Chinese government is turning a blind eye to all of the replica/ counterfeiting business, simply because it's good for the economy, creates and maintains jobs, and when people have jobs, they aren't out in the streets protesting and creating social upheaval, which is one thing that the Chinese government fears the most. As long as people from other parts of the world are buying  the goods produced in China, whether they be legitimate or counterfeit, the Chinese authorities could not give a good damn what we think, what Rolex thinks, or any of the other "luxury good" companies think. They need the Chinese more than the Chinese need them!! And as far as the theory advanced that we are supporting child labor and enslaved laborers, I can tell you I'm 100% convinced that you are much more likely to be supporting child labor with your purchases of any article of clothing that isn't made in the USA, and I mean anything from Polo Ralph Lauren to the T shirts you buy at Target.    

• Like 2

Back to the FWB and the topic of the thread. He is genuinely interested in genuine watches, and him being a former replica enthusiast is not true . He is only looking for those who claim that their reps are the real thing. In which I support him one hundred percent. Those people deserves what's coming to them.

If that is indeed the case he can carry on and have fun taunting them.

There is another group of people who deserve even more exposure, those who sell reps as genuine watches and do their best to rip off innocent people.

If FWB targeted those I'm sure basically everyone here would genuinely welcome him, we buy reps and sell them as reps and admit to anyone who asks that they're reps and hate those who rip others off.

The only problem I've got with FWB is his attire and language. Generation and continent difference maybe, but he does his credibility no favours with how he comes across.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Starting to like this guy.

Anyone who claims to have a GEN and shows of a REP needs to be told so.

I mean the latest bust is of a woman showing her fake AudemarsPiguet RoyalOak together with a fake receipt of it..

Don´t get me wrong I like reps, I like the fact that you can "try out" a watch for a fraction of a cost. I like the fact that the rep community has taught me enough to be sure of my self to by a Omega or cheaper Rolex for $5000.

But to geotag the Audermars Boutique together when showing of your REP, that´s just asking for it.

And also, the majoroty of the busts seems to be on famous HipHop/Rap artists... which I thought had millions of dollars... why fake it then ? :-)

The point, as others have mentioned, is that he is wasting his talent "busting" people who are not doing any harm to anyone. He could be saving people lots of money and making a real impact on people's lives by pointing out replica watches that are being sold as genuine on the internet. There's more than enough of that going on, he would have his hands full and a lot more respect. There's nothing honourable in what he does, I guess it keeps his ego fed.

• Like 1

Minuteman, since you know this fakewatchbusta guy, you should advise your friend to go about his business with more maturity and humility. His approach to calling out fakes reeks of intense snobbery and bigotism, much like many others who 'follow' him on Facebook or Instagram. 

I saw one of the comments about RWGforumers being just sad, and I think many of those people commenting barely have a fraction of the horological knowledge of people on this forum. After all, it's all too easy to compare specs and buy a gen watch, but to source a quality rep requires a whole new depth of knowledge about the timepiece (and alternative movements, parts, etc). To build a superfrankenwatch requires all that plus patience and resourcefulness, and to that I give my sincere admiration. 

@endshake

We will never agree upon the fake watch business, or the fake watches in general. But since I'm here I will stick around for a while as I'm impressed by the knowledge some of you guys have about watches.

The FWB is now closing down his IG account before IG does it. The reason for IG to close his account is all the reports they've got the last couple of days. Mostly from a jeweller in NYC, because he busted them selling fake watches. Very expensive fake watches that is, and they probably sell some of them to people believing it's genuine. (this jeweller also have genuine watches)

This was his third account and he didn't tag the people he busted this time. But a lot of his followers did. And they also harassed the guys on their accounts. That's not good. And as you said, a lot of his followers - probably most of them - does not have any knowledge of wathes at all. There was even a guy who commented the strange crown on a Rolex-cake. Can you believe that. If you don't see it's a cake you should probably not be commenting :fool:  If the FWB comes back - and I believe he will - I don't think he will show the identity of the people he busts at all. I hope he'll be back to educate people and by that helping them not to be scammed by "serious" watch dealers selling fakes. I think that's a good thing.

The FWB has a tremendous knowledge of watches and I bet even some of you guys in here must admit he's good at spotting those fakes. Early on in this thread someone mentioned that he would have a problem spotting some of the replicas you have in here. I'd be happy if you posted a link to some of those. And please, don't post a picture of a genuine  ;)

• Like 2

@endshake

We will never agree upon the fake watch business, or the fake watches in general. But since I'm here I will stick around for a while as I'm impressed by the knowledge some of you guys have about watches.

The FWB is now closing down his IG account before IG does it. The reason for IG to close his account is all the reports they've got the last couple of days. Mostly from a jeweller in NYC, because he busted them selling fake watches. Very expensive fake watches that is, and they probably sell some of them to people believing it's genuine. (this jeweller also have genuine watches)

This was his third account and he didn't tag the people he busted this time. But a lot of his followers did. And they also harassed the guys on their accounts. That's not good. And as you said, a lot of his followers - probably most of them - does not have any knowledge of wathes at all. There was even a guy who commented the strange crown on a Rolex-cake. Can you believe that. If you don't see it's a cake you should probably not be commenting :fool:  If the FWB comes back - and I believe he will - I don't think he will show the identity of the people he busts at all. I hope he'll be back to educate people and by that helping them not to be scammed by "serious" watch dealers selling fakes. I think that's a good thing.

The FWB has a tremendous knowledge of watches and I bet even some of you guys in here must admit he's good at spotting those fakes. Early on in this thread someone mentioned that he would have a problem spotting some of the replicas you have in here. I'd be happy if you posted a link to some of those. And please, don't post a picture of a genuine  ;)

Your post is quality, and compared with your earlier ones, a very reasonable, well-put and welcomed one. 

It does not matter which side of the camp you are on, as long as you debate and post with class. 

Nobody will shoot you down as long as your post is not odious or asinine in nature. Please, stay on and grow in knowledge with the rest of us. That is an invite.

You will find that guys who collect replicas are essentially normal, everyday folks much like you, and not people who hold AK-47s in one hand and a smoking cigarette in the other, squinting into the sun in the hills of Afghanistan with turbans blowing in the harsh winds. No sir. ;) 

Coming from a guy who is in both the genuine and replica watches forums, I can tell you that there is a plethora of horological knowledge and passion here at RWG, and happily, a lot less snobbery and pretensions.

There is knowledge and talent here that you just do not find anywhere else in the world. I am proud to call RWG home, and I hope you would too, one day. :)

Love this site. If you're flashing reps as real ESPECIALLY on places like instagram you deserve to be called out on it.

I agree. But you can do it with a bit of class or like an asshat. Fakewatchbusta falls into category 2 I'm afraid. Or at least his followers make him look like one with their asinine comments.

Edited by Fracture

It all seems kind of silly to me.  Everyone knows that entertainers and people in the limelight are basically phonies anyway.  They are not concerned about whether something is real or not but only how it is perceived by the public.  Most everything about them is illusion and showmanship anyway.  There public lives and persona's are, for the most part, simply more illusion, so in that respect a fake watch seems right in order, right along with phony stage props. 

• Like 1

You guys are waaaaay to nice. He is the enemy I say banish him! And he shouldn't have even gotten this much airtime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

If given a choice, I would prefer to banish the enmity. ;)