When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

which is the best rep of panerai

poleino

Who has the best Sub ... Panerai edition.

You're going to have to narrow it down. There are many good PAMs out there. What are you looking for? The 297 is a GMT. Is that what you want, or are you looking for a base, chronograph, Submersible, white dial, black dial. what?

Do some searching in the Panerai section. You will find all you need to know about what's available. Then, once you have a specific question about a particular model, ask for help.

Hi, I have a beautiful 1950´s case PAM212 Flyback which is not considered a super-rep because of the wrong caseback and only chrono, no flyback-function. From the front though it looks beautiful, even fantastic and it´s a perfect watch itself because it´s good in all situations: dress/dinner/sports/weekend and not too big with 44mm. From what I´ve learned You have to quite limit Yourself to a very basic watch without any additional functions, best is only hour and minutes, maybe even seconds and a closed caseback to have "the best" 1:1 to gen PAM, exceptions allowed. This is fine if You like an austere watch with a simple/clean dial but I would really say to go with one of the good ones of the model/ functions You do like. (in my case the 253 is considered better).

There is a fantastic PAM- Guide out there, buy You´ll be reading for days if not for weeks. Good luck choosing. When using the search function upper right corner be sure to click on "This Topic" and change it to forums or You will find nothing.

These are the looks, PAM212 just to give an idea:

1024x8_2243c6.jpg

IMG_2052crop.jpg

Nightwatch did you have that relumed it looks awesome 

Hi, not relumed, glows like a torch superlume from factory:))

To the op Poleino: You might want to take a look at the PAM 372 and PAM 388, considered very good to super, if U like them - use the search function.

I think the PAM111 would be most close to gen ;)

Especially after a Magic Marlin touch

And they tell me the Dutch can read pretty well :lol: :lol:

To the OP, forgive my Dutch friends, who are often irrelevant, but still make awesome friends once you get to know them. I would say go for the 005 if you want something simple and classic, and the 243 if you prefer something more rugged and chunkier. The ones you listed are all good choices and it really boils down to what you prefer personally. 

I would take the 005 if I can only choose one. ;)

Forgive our friend from Singapore. He tends to forget that simple and classic is relative. He probably wears a tshirt with an indian and a wolf... :p

Take the 111! And if you can't decide, check my Pamguide http://www.pamguide.info

Hey, MM, look at this!

http://rockway.biz/en/product/symbolism_indian_legend_indian_motorcycle_in_the_background_with_the_wolf/  

220 Euros, cost more than some reps! :D

And actually, yes I do own a T shirt like that but thanks to you I am considering donating it. Lets not clutter up a new guy's thread ok? ;)

Hey, MM, look at this!

http://rockway.biz/en/product/symbolism_indian_legend_indian_motorcycle_in_the_background_with_the_wolf/

220 Euros, cost more than some reps! :D

And actually, yes I do own a T shirt like that but thanks to you I am considering donating it. Lets not clutter up a new guy's thread ok? ;)

Awesomeeeee!

Back on topic:

Out of these models I'd take tge 005 as well

How about the best rep for a Radiomir? I read in RWI PAM guide the 388 and new 346 are "Super reps". I am looking for a simpler Radiomir like a 183 or 380. What do you guys think?

I have gens of the radiomirs u mentioned above. I would stay away from it. The lug wires of the gen is much better and becomes a huge tell. I've seen people wearing the rep of radiomirs of even 292's and i can tell from an arms length that its a rep.

Id stick the the 005,111,243,389 or even 356 or 188 if ur looking for a chrono.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...