When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Phong 6263 on eBay...

Curt941

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-VINTAGE-ROLEX-DAYTONA-COSMOGRAPH-6263-SS-MEN-WRIST-WATCH-/171282800631?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item27e1401ff7

Condition : The watch every thing original except the case ( none original ) ! 

The band got some stretches and the watch got some minor hairlines scratches here 

there cause the age ! All chronograph function properly and set back to zero  ! The 

movement clean tick strong keep excellent to excellent time ! All Bidder need to 

reviewed all pics as part of the description and ask all question if you like before you 

bid ! All Sell Final No Refund or Return .

It's not just the case that's not original.  I agree that the bezel is aftermarket; my guess is Yuki, rather than DW, due to the spacing of the '110' and the overall poor quality of the printing. 

I also have doubts about the movement.  Take a look at the chronograph bridge: The engravings look off and the countersinking around the rubies is noticeably shallow.  Now look at the balance bridge: I don't think Rolex ever used an Incabloc shock absorber on its Daytona movements (but please correct me if I'm mistaken).  There's also a screw going through the middle of the coupling-clutch mount, which -as far as I know- you only see on non-Rolex Valjoux 72s. 

• Like 1

I agree, the movement is not right.

The chronograph pivoted detent bridge (the 'L' shaped bridge at 7-8 o'clock) is an early one w/ a screw in it- after the 6234, Rolex used the newer pivoted detent bridge w/o the screw.

This may be what LHOOQ refers to as the coupling clutch mount.

I agree, the movement is not right.

The chronograph pivoted detent bridge (the 'L' shaped bridge at 7-8 o'clock) is an early one w/ a screw in it- after the 6234, Rolex used the newer pivoted detent bridge w/o the screw.

This may be what LHOOQ refers to as the coupling clutch mount.

M, I think I need an illustrated glossary of movement parts!  I referred to that chevron-shaped bridge as a mount, because the entire assembly shows up as "#8080 - Coupling clutch, mounted" on Valjoux 23/72 manuals:

i-sKNV654-X3.jpg

ceejay: Thanks for the info about Incabloc.  I didn't know about the naming requirement.

• 6 years later...