When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

hello from alaska

Think maybe i forgot to intro myself here in noobville,  hello all it has been 25 days since i joined the dark side. My wallet has suffered, my sleep has suffered, my computer is breathing heavy from 40 open tabs, i have watches in transit and my stress level is at an all time high BUT i am pleased as hell to be here !

let the wild rumpus begin.

hahaha as female as it gets. At first i was nervous to post that (this hobby seems to be pretty man heavy) but so far i have run into nothing but gentleman. Plus i figured no guy here in a watch forum is going to be more rude then the guys who come up to me at shows so what the heck! :) so far i feel pretty welcomed by the rep communities

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Q'uyana huaspro! Sounds like you jumped in with both feet. I'm glad the guys are being gentlemen, I'd expect nothing less, they're a great bunch.

What part of the Great Land are you from?

Welcome on the board and enjoy. There are a lot of great guys with an unbelievable amount of knowledge and skills on the board. Enjoy your stay and you will learn quick :) Btw. I love Alaska...most beautiful landscape I have ever seen, extremely open and kind people, big variety of nice animals, nice salmon fishing... Just love it..My profile picture was taken at Kenai river :)

hahaha as female as it gets. At first i was nervous to post that (this hobby seems to be pretty man heavy) but so far i have run into nothing but gentleman. Plus i figured no guy here in a watch forum is going to be more rude then the guys who come up to me at shows so what the heck! :) so far i feel pretty welcomed by the rep communities

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

well we are here for the watches, more than anything else

but i take strong umbrage at being called a gentleman ! :D

welcome onboard

Y'know, that WAS an underhanded dig at gentlemen everywhere. :acute:

There's another Alaskan here too, from Squarebanks... his handle is AKTime.

maybe we have already met and don't even know it! Im in Valdez, and work for Stan Stephens Wildlife & Glacier Cruises. Seeing hundreds of different tourists a day makes for some great watch gawking, can't tell you how often our captains tell me stop talking about some guy on the bow wearing a Sub....

Q'uyana huaspro! Sounds like you jumped in with both feet. I'm glad the guys are being gentlemen, I'd expect nothing less, they're a great bunch.

What part of the Great Land are you from?

Valdez, Alaska future birthplace of William T Riker...

Im kidding, most people who live here in VDZ would not even know what i was talking about if i said that.

"Valdez, a quaint drinking village with a fishing problem." I should tell you the story about chucking a Paul's Best Seadweller off the deck of the Resurrection Bay glacier cruise.

Hi and welcome to the forum from the somewhat hotter south. Liked the part about the 40 open tabs & fun stress levels. This will get better when they all arrive. Stay around and enjoy

• 2 months later...

Hey DP, that ain't gonna get you a free ticket to her boat.  That's not how we roll here in Alaska.

Show up with a 6-pack of Alaskan Amber...... now your chances are looking good.  :tu:

Yeah, a bit hot these days ;) But the 25°C at night is ok to sleep good with just a blanket :)

Perfect for an evening visit to Mantova (I'm here around for work, but nothing is keeping me closed in the hotel in the eve):

RTEmagicC_Mantova1.jpg.jpg

(this picture just because I'm jealous of your landscapes!)

Gentleman, let it be known I prefer Silver Gulch Brewed beers to Alaska Amber any day. Sorry for the call out then @Nanuq, had a guy mention something about my watch in the office and he was from AK. Then he reviewed our company on TripAdvisor and his name was Nanuq24 so I was like hmmm.....

Maybe someday, any rep lovers end up in my neck of the woods let me know would love to see your beautiful watches :)

Ooooooo a Silver Gulch kinda girl huh? Do they make a nice sharp IPA?

What a crazy coincidence, some honyok using MY nickname, and he's into watches too?

If I ever get to VDZ I'll be sure to drop by your boat, I'm the tall ugly one that likes watches! :tu: