When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

can someone advise what the problem is please? Thank you!

Legend

OK I have a panerai with A7750 sec@9. It is fairly new and working well all this while. I took it off this afternoon and put it on my desk, and thats when it suddenly stopped (The second hand just stopped moving). It is supposed to be fully wound, been wearing it all day.

I picked it up and tried to revive it by shaking it, and winding it, but no joy, the second hand remained stuck. After a particularly vigorous shake, the second hand suddenly came to life again, oh joy! But I noticed that the hack mechanism now would not work, when I tried to set the time. The second hand would continue moving even when crown is pulled to the "time set" position.

Can someone advise if this is an easy fix, and whether I should fix it please? Would there be problems "linked" to the hack mechanism failure?

Thank you very sincerely and humbly for any advice.

I have come across a few of these where the dial has come loose from the movement, and this causes the hand sec@9 to drag the dial face, and stop. If the hack is no longer working, and you didn't remove the stem/crown, then the balance maybe loose, which would result in the brake for the hacking out of alignment.

Edited by SSTEEL

I have come across a few of these where the dial has come loose from the movement, and this causes the hand sec@9 to drag the dial face, and stop. If the hack is no longer working, and you didn't remove the stem/crown, then the balance maybe loose, which would result in the brake for the hacking out of alignment.

Thank you very kindly. The dial seems to be fine but I'm no expert. Do I need to get this watch fixed please? Or can I leave it like this? ;)

Sent from Mars using tapatalk

A,

This is one of the reasons I was hesitant to get one of the new Panerai GMT's with the sec@9. Quite a few folks said they were OK, but some folks have had problems, and parts are not readily available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I stay away from A7750's for above reason Jkay.

There are forum-trusted people who can work miracles on 775x but it's an art.  I always try and warn newbs away from these watches, since they are like buying a Ferrari.

You have to be willing to not just buy one but also to lay out the money (repeatedly?) to maintain one. It's a high-performance instrument.

Are you 100% sure that your watch man can work on 775x movements competently ?

To be honest, not totally.. but with the A7750 movement, my expectation is realistic so far. I do not them to last forever without any mods/parts replacement/servicing. 

If it breaks down again, I would send it to a more skilled watchsmith. ;)