When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

199 regatta submersible review and pics comparison

rbj69

Many people know i own genuine and i used to own this baby with a large price tag on it and boy am i glad i sold it , cause this rep is almost perfect match to it, i never like asians but this one is too close , i was scared from the pics i have seen of it but then i had to pull the trigger, paul and joshua r the ones that i know off right now that have it in stock, for a very good price, i was expecting some crap but it was not

pros- case and bezel r almost perfect , crown guard is very well done, dial is well perfect, i am amazed how exact it really is, hour markers r brighter than my genuine so no need for relume on this one, even the tswisst on the dial is almost perfect, carbon fiber dial is almost exact, talk about bang for the buck here it is , the rubber deployment is excellent made and same softness as my genuine one, second hand sweep is almost perfect for asian movment,caseback isnt bad at all with nice engraving and just about the same as genuine(some font is a wee bit smaller on genuine ) , if it had papers and the nice special edtition box it would fool most

cons- asian auto, but it is the newer eta copy version so it may hold up better, but im still not sold on them lol, the crown is better than some i have seen but being picky i have to put mine on them when i get them done, weight seems to be about right maybe a tad light but not really noticeable,datefont and cyclops r weak like most but the cyclops is bigger in diameter more like the genuine size just not as clear and bright if u know what i mean, bezel is snug but a bit louder compared to my genuine one

overall , definitely a keeper and a very nice piece if u like subs in panerai, i missed my genuine but not anymore this one is just as good and most of the flaws can be fixed , the best replica sub pam out by far, even the finish on the bezel is pretty darn good, it does need to be more shiney and satin but that is something that is fixable for sure , enjoy the pics

the replica on the wrist

13913-3762.jpg

the genuine on the wrist

13913-3763.jpg

the genuine front veiw more closer image to compare

13913-3764.jpg

replica in angel shot

13913-3765.jpg

replica in opposite angle shot

13913-3766.jpg

genuine in angle shot

13913-3767.jpg

replica side shot crown guard

13913-3768.jpg

genuine side profiel crown guard side

13913-3769.jpg

genuine caseback

13913-3770.jpg

replica caseback

13913-3771.jpg

as u can see it is very close and very nice piece for this price,it needs a more satin shiney finish on the bezel and caseback but like i said it is close cosmetically, enjoy and i love comments , that is why i spend time helping educate u guys , lol

heres the genuine in its nice presentation box for a special edition

13919-3755.jpg

heres another poor attempt of the lume shot , i never take good pics of the lume but here goes anyway lol

13919-3756.jpg

13919-3757.jpg

soon i will show u after i mod it and show u how nice u can make this one , wowowowwo more projects lol

glad u liked the review one more thing i noticed cause i have been wearing it now , the markers on the bezel r really sharp and will and have snagged my shirt lol so that will need to be buffed to be smoother as well , lol something that is very doable, im loving this watch

glad u liked the review one more thing i noticed cause i have been wearing it now , the markers on the bezel r really sharp and will and have snagged my shirt lol so that will need to be buffed to be smoother as well , lol something that is very doable, im loving this watch

rbj69, your review is terrific. I had noticed that this one (from the pictures) looked extremely accurate compared to the other model that is similar ( I forget the number).

Anyway, as a result another one I now have to get!

Wear it well.

dammist thing i have ever seen, this particular watch is funny as hek , made totally different than the higher dollar ones and may be more correct, i am going to look inside my genuine to see, the cyclops is carved in the crystal , it is not a seperate piece, did u here me right? yes it is not a cyclops glued on and im not too sure genuine isnt the same deal , i never went inside my genuine to see , its crazy lol , i think with the correct date font u will be ok but i thought that was strange, also these bezel r put on with authority , they have the wire system ,but it is different im still trying to figure out how they got it on, cause i scarred my bezel all up trying to get it off and im usually good about it ,(the beauty is i can fix all the scarrs lol) this one is one of the hardest ones to remove i have dealt with , i punctured a hole in my beautiful thumb tool to remove it , so beware, and yes if u want me to polish it and smooth it out to be like genuine , it will be much more than a normal bezel removal and polishing , u will save if u do this one yourself lmao, no punn intended lol

joe i always wonder if when you write lmao if you are actually laughing your ass off at that particular time. if so, you must be one of the jolliest guys around - and that, my friend is a good thing.

very interesting info about the crystal/cyclops...can't wait to hear an update

If you've ever spoken to Joe on the phone, you'll see that he writes like he talks :) So... When he types lmao, he's probably chuckling at that moment :)

lmao , im laughing now , that is why i like talking with u guys then u can figure out what the hell it is im trying to explain when i show u something or teach u something, randy u hit the nail on the head for sure , guess what ? my thumbtool is damaged pretty bad, that screwdriver must of done something to my bone/joint cause i cant move it without cringing right now, note to self this watch is a painful experience, lol

So, Joe... Is this bezel even more difficult to remove than an AP Royal Oak rep's bezel?

;)

two different animals actually, the ap can get nicked really easy cause it has sharp edges and would be very ugly if u nick it, now the sub is held one by a wire well not anymore it doesnt need that much strenght actaully so im going to replace mine with a simple oring so i can take it on and off easier next time it hold on by itself actually but the oring will be safety for a big hit or something like that,its also a [censored] getting it back on cause when u finally get it off and repair the underneat marrs u actually take it out of round a bit, this thing is built very precise more than any bezel i have tackled ,to me it is made exceptionally well for under 200 bucks, i have finished refinishing the the watch to more like my genuine shine but i got me a hole in my thumbtool lol, i can see many people screwing this one up , i almost did and im supposed to be a professional lmao , i also added a thicker flat oring in the crown and this baby is ready for the beach , the crystal is glued in with a very tight seal , just put my new officen firenze da vinci strap on it will show u pics soon of it , it is going to be one of my beaters for sure , i love it alot , soon as i get me some datewheels and new crown it will be cosmetically 99% correct in my eyes , which is saying alot for a low cost watch , just hope this movment holds up , i am going to service it after i get the datewheels and let u know what is up with it ok

Joe,

Are you saying this one doesn't need any mods to make the grade?

Jim

Seattle

u can wear it as is , do the comparison from my genuine and the rep , if u seek it to be perfect or very close then u should refinish the watch and change the datefont and the crown, the crown guard is damn near perfect, even the screws for this one r the thicker ones like on my genuine, and my higher dollar pams have them cheap shitty screws on them , which makes me very angry now lol

heres the after refinishing shot also with my new awesome officene firenze strap

replica after refinishing the case to match up to genuine

15091-3509.jpg

this is genuine, what refinished the rep by

15091-3510.jpg

new tc buckle on a OF da vinci strap

15091-3511.jpg

replica caseback after refinishing

15091-3512.jpg\

genuine caseback i modded by

15091-3513.jpg

notice the lighting is slightly different but u can see the shine is about the same , enjoy

heres a shot of the datewheel for u in dimmer lighting and the second pic is one i took quickly , in normal lighting but it has a reflection but u can see it anyway , take care

15867-3345.jpg

15867-3346.jpg