When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mother *%&&@*# Son of a !*&#*!(

Guest REPPIN

Guest REPPIN

AGAIN, 

For the third time now, I get a brand new rep from a "TRUSTED DEALER" and right out of the package, its got major problems. 

The watch is the new Omega Aqua Terra Day Date. This one here: http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_66&products_id=11953&zenid=e7935d158b7834409e0ebaedae0a1ca4.

The movement as stated by Trusty Time is: MOVEMENT: Nickle Plated Swiss ETA 2836-2 Automatic Movement, 28800bph, 25J, Decorated Insignia Rotor, All Markings of Omega 8602 Calibre Present

PROBLEM: The crown literally unscrews and pulls ALL THE WAY OUT OF THE MOVMENT, stem attached and just falls off in my hand. 

Here is my question! When the crown comes out with the stem attached, it doesn't look like the usual ETA Stem. Its got a weird round end and its a lot shorter than most of the ETA stems I have. So do you think it could just be the wrong stem? I am going to try an ETA stem when I get home, it BETTER FREAKING WORK! Otherwise I'm gonna have to send it all the way back to him to get fixed. 

Guest REPPIN

QC Pics had the crown screwed down, it stays in the case when its screwed down, but when you unscrew it, it freewheels like its not attached to anything, then when you pull it out to set the time, it comes ALL the way out. 

Here is the stem and Movement. 

post-8024-0-75908400-1402424109_thumb.jp

post-8024-0-34335800-1402424127_thumb.jp

post-8024-0-08595600-1402424240_thumb.jp

Guest REPPIN

Im just hoping that the stem didnt break off in the movement. 

It feels very jagged on the end, almost like its been snapped off. 

Well see tonight when i try to put the correct stem in it. 

If it has snapped off, its easy enough to gain access to that area without removing the dial and hands.  You can access it from the rear by removing the ratchet wheel bridge.

The end of the stem is broken off...maybe in the movement, maybe not. It's not much of a problem if you have a new stem and someone to dig the broken part out and fit a new one...about an hour or so. Might not be a good idea to tear into it yourself unless you know your way around an Eta 28xx movement.

Btw, it has a 17 jewel autowind assembly on it and a 2836 is a 25 jewel movement.

Someone on the forum might help you out. I would not send it back for this.

I can not take any work in because I have so many projects of my own to finish.

...maybe if I stayed off forums I could get caught up.  :pimp:

Guest REPPIN

Well I have taken parts off and replaced them before. But never anything to do with the ratchet system/autowind. 

How difficult is this on a 1-10 scale?

I reckon the the stem end is broken too. Also I've had a few watches direct from TDs have physical problems straight out of the box, not apparently in qc photos. Pisses me off enough not to buy from them again.

Sorry but this image made me chuckle. I think i've been lucky with my few reps. I think i'm gonna stick to EU forum members for future buys. My last package got seized and released and was not packaged up properly after they opened it. In fact all of the bubble wrap was discarded and the watches were loose in baggies. Luckily no damage  

post-62919-0-88391100-1402475293_thumb.j

Personally reps should be less than half the price we are paying for them . Pot luck is just not acceptable at today's prices . My first Rep was knackered on arrival (£300) , back in April , and still waiting on it getting resolved . Must add , wasn't with Trusty though .

Guest REPPIN

Well heres the followup. 

The stem was stuck inside broken off. 

I took off the autowind, the ratchet wheel bridge, and slid the broken piece out. 

BUT THEN...my idiotic ass decides to mess up the keyless system. So I fixed the stem, but I broke the keyless. 

So Does anyone want to help me fix this thing. I have NO IDEA how to work on the keyless works. Anyone know a good watchsmith I can ship it to?