When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fog in my new Planet Ocean

Assasimon

what u should do is , open the case back , then when dried, regrease that oring and use something u can tighten that thing down good, im sure that is the problem , if u can open it with some tape balled up then it is not tight enough , lol which most r not when u get them , or send it to someone to press the crystal and regrease all orings and tighten the caseback down and then more than likely u will be ok

Howdy!

Just received my new 45 mm Planet Ocean and have a real big problem.

First I thought that there was something wrong with the brightness of the glass but now I see that there is fog on the inside of the glass.

How do I do to fix this? :unsure:

Any suggestions?

Regards!

Jim

Jim, small consolation but just received today my 45mm PO (black, natch) and I have the exact same problem! Going to raid my GFs (enormous) shoe collection, lots of those little silica baggies there :D

As for other first impressions (compared next to the gen article), crown is a little shallow (taken from 42mm?), the second hand tip has too much red, should have more yellow in there for that trademark PO orange, and of course there's the infamous SMP pearl and bezel alignment issues. Apart from that it's a stunning watch for the money - just looking forward now to my rubber strap and it'll be photoshoot-time.

p.s. can anyone remind me or point to fixes for the pearl and bezel?

what u should do is , open the case back , then when dried, regrease that oring .......

I have the Jules Borel catalog in front of me here and there are several greases to choose from. The one that looks most appropriate is a silicone grease. It's a few bucks. You just put the O rings in the little tube and get the grease on them and install. Is this correct?