When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Some new Gold Paul Newman on Josh site :)

cousin_hub

They look good but the plating kills them for me.

Plating = wear through on sharp edges, clasp cap etc in short order. Replica watch plating is usually thinner than on genuine watches.

Also has FACS

FACS = fat ass crown syndrome

It looks thick as a brick to me...but my name ain't Jethro T.     :pimp:

Anybody seen my aqualung?     :snorkel:

I've been wanting a vintage gold Daytona for a long time, and I just don't trust DW.

I agree the crown seems a bit thick.

But the price is refreshingly good, and the Venus manual wind movement is great.

What else do the experts have to say, is this worth buying?

Agreed on the FACS haha like I said they're "a little" better then the past Cartel versions but same little flaws e.i. crown, stubby pushers, sharp edges, etc.. But again, they are "reps". If DW wasn't such a gamble I know I've seen a gold 6263 of his on here somewhere, very nice piece, but as stated not to shabby for the price

Ditto alligoat (as usual).
The Venus movements are generally very reliable (not sure about the Asian copy though?), but will likely need an overhaul (rep watches rarely contain new or properly serviced (used) movements). Replace the crown/tube with gens &, possibly, if you are especially enterprising, also the dial coronet & you have a nice looking gem........at least until the gold wears off revealing the underlying steel.

By the way, these are Newman dials -
IMG_0028_29_30_tonemapped_1_zps5d205f14.

• Like 1

The real ones are anywhere from $15K to $30K on eBay.  How many of these do your really ever see in the wild?  Who wants a watch that is supposed to be a $25K piece but one of the subdials is glued down.  This is why a workable franken 'tona is so $$$$$$$.

The real ones are anywhere from $15K to $30K on eBay.  How many of these do your really ever see in the wild?  Who wants a watch that is supposed to be a $25K piece but one of the subdials is glued down.  This is why a workable franken 'tona is so $$$$$$$.

A gold gen 62xx Daytona for $30k? That would be the deal of the century!

Prices generally run in the $50k-$250k range, with Newmans sitting near the top of that range.