When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Official Franken/modded Thread

ubiquitous

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saabin? He's in Oregon, I thought? :)

He did put together some very nice frankens, but there's one big flaw with the SRSD. I've pointed it out to a few, but I wonder how many others see it too?

Yeah Saabin is definitely here in the US...I thought you were talking about this guy, who lives in Sweden I think...used to post pics every so ofeten on the old board...

http://groups.msn.com/Bjornstoolwatchsite/shoebox.msnw

Man, that's an oem el primero... You thought it was an oem rolex...

Nope I thought it was an gen EP - assumed since you posted in a franken thread you'd sourced a movt and put together a chimaera using gen dial etc. - the rotor fooled me.

FWIW, Rolex heavily modifies the El Primero 400 in the Daytona. Rolex buys the raw ébauches from Zenith, without the balance assembly, jewels, or plate finishing. The Daytona uses a Rolex balance assembly, which includes the Glucydur balance wheel, Breguet hairspring, pallet set, and drive train wheels. With Rolex's own balance assembly, the beat is downgraded to 28,800 bph from the speedy 36,000 bph.

Can I add my humble Daytona 6263 with VJ72 movement.

Just put this together at the weekend.

DW series 1 case

Latest DW dial and hands

Unused old stock Valjoux 72 movement

Gen Crown and tube

Gen Tropic 21

Hollow link bracelet with correct markings and end links

Gen Spring bars

Tha case has been aged but only around the edges of the lugs. I absolutely love this watch and so far it keeps great time. I know these dials are not perfect but it is still a rep and I'm more than happy with the wrist precense I get from tihs lovely peice :) The movement feels beautiful and bullit proof in it's operation. You get a wonderful solid click when the buttons are activated and hands reset perfectly so far.

Give your honest opinions so I can make this watch the best it can be.

167507-10762.jpg

167507-10763.jpg

Avitt-

Where are your frankies at? This thread wouldn't be complete without them...

:)

Ubi, do you know that feeling when something is just not good enough...it needs just one or two more little things to be complete? Unfortunately, I'm having that feeling about 5 or 6 of my current projects :wounded1: They're just not ready for prime time.

Ubi, do you know that feeling when something is just not good enough...it needs just one or two more little things to be complete? Unfortunately, I'm having that feeling about 5 or 6 of my current projects :wounded1: They're just not ready for prime time.

Avitt-

Indeed, I do know how that goes. Seems all of my watches are constant works in progress...

Euno-

Fantastic watches. I've always fancied that 1675 frankenstein! :wub:

Indeed Euno... I never get tired of seeing those beautiful GMT's. But that military strap... hmm... :lol:

I know Jubilee is the original GMT bracelet, but I'd put it on a Oyster. GMT is my favourite Rolex without a doubt.