When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

So I got drunk and bought two watches... Do you like them BIG?

dusk

I don't think I've ever bought a rep without having a few beers first. Here is my patented rep buying process:

1. Get the itch several months after my last rep purchase

2. Research the heck out of a rep, burning 5-10 hrs on the forums

3. Get lost in the minutia of the merits of version X vs version Y vs Gen

4. Get discouraged that the date wheel font is off by .00001 mm vs Gen on the numerals 6 and 9

5. Throw in the towel and decide not to waste my money

6. Forget about it for 2-3 weeks

7. Have a couple beers, remember the watch, grab my laptop, buy the watch on the spot

8. Repeat in 6 months

It's not a terribly efficient process, but by God it's gotten me a nice little collection over the years!

This is the perfect explanation of the replica purchase cycle! #4 could not be more spot on.

But I have to agree with Mike -- This is more like a few week cycle  :bangin:

I'm trying to think of something cheaper you could move over too Mike. Matchboxes from the famous clubs? Lighters? Model aeroplanes? Stamps (cheap ones that is)? Steam engines? Tractors? Fish? Snuff boxes? Monocles of the rich and famous? Star Wars toys and memorabilia? Gold bars?

Ok, the last one would cost about the same over a year, but after you've got one, the rest all look the same, no sunken DWO problems :D

• 3 weeks later...

Well, there's a big difference (for me at least) between having fun while getting drunk, and getting drunk and setting off to do something (which never ends well for me) .... chicken and the egg thing I suppose, but I do like a good tequila .... :)

Edited by tomhorn