When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How about this Bronzo?

panerai153

I suppose I'm succumbing to the Bronze Age !! Decided last week that I needed one! I looked at a lot of options, including the PAM 382, but couldn't find one M2M on any forum, plus I was a little worried about some of the issues folks had with new ones arriving with problems that required immediate attention, like screws loose in the movement. I also was looking for something that I could wear every day as a work watch, and still take to the beach, snorkeling and the occasional dive.Not taking away from the 382, but I'm just not sure it's water resistant enough to spend 60 minutes at 60 feet depth. I'm sure that a lot of folks who own one will either mod one themselves or send it off to get everything sorted out for water resistance. Another problem with all repaired watches, the folks that do the water resistance testing rarely are able to test for depths greater than 5-10 atmos. I wanted something that was good right out the box, AND had a warranty so that should anything happen, I could send it back for repair.

SO, after spending several hours on most of the genuine dive watch forums as well as the sales corners and EBay, I decided on the Heroic 18. Heroic 18has been a strap maker for several years, and from there, decided to become what has been described as a "micro-maker" They introduced their Bronze model in 4 dial configurations, green with numbers, green with round plots, black with numbers and black with round plots. The watch is 47mm which is pretty big, domed sapphire crystal, Myiota movement and drilled lugs. Another thing I really like, the bezel looks very similar to the Panerai Submersibles bezel, with raised markers at each quadrant.All this for less than 800 USD.

Here are a few photos. Not mine, mine will be in by Thursday, I hope!!

post-327-140405730661.jpg

post-327-140405733015.jpg

post-327-140405745201.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

"Agree, if only they do a 44mm version... My wrist is 7.5 inches and the 47mm would look too big on it in my view..."

GenTLe keep an eye for these being back in stock 43mm: http://www.maranez.com/layan.php

Yes I have one comes w/ three straps also.

You know what? Basically it's an homage to PAM 249 / 448 / 376 (same dial graphics), and I personally hate the so called "homage watches". I prefer a proper rep to a copied design ;)

Have the same heroic 18 as shown above for several months and it's a solid time price. Also got a bronze Helberg in the mail as we speak and have this at the beach this week ta7yry4u.jpgu7eza9y6.jpg

Sent from my POS smart phone

Did you buy the Helberg that was for sale on WUS? I looked at that one really hard, but decided on the Heroic 18. I'm going to give it a try, but 47mm is pretty darn big. If it looks like an alarm clock on my wrist, it will probably end up on the sales forums. We'll see.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk