When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bad experience with member bangalter

mattt74

As advised by Admin I want to share my very bad experience with member bangalter.

I wanted to post this in the member review area but I'm not VIP member so I do it here.

In July 9th i bought this gen dial for 16600:

http://www.rwgforum.net/index.php?/topic/167213-FS%3A-Gen-Rolex-SD-16660--16600-Lumi-Dial from him.

Paid with PP immediately and he told me he would ship over the weekend.

On Monday 14th I wrote him a mail about the shipment.

He told me he had not been able to do it and would have shipped over the week.

Since then he is totally disappeared, he doesn't answer to my many mails and PMs.

I really don't know what to think, can't believe he had stolen my money.

Maybe he had problems!

For sure, his behavior is being as terrible as any other thing I meet in all my life, and I'm afraid I'll never have the dial or my money back.

Be carefull guy, bangalter is a VIP member here with positive feedbacks...

Thanks

Well, if no other option, a "good not received" is an option that may be safe for both you and him.

I'm not getting what you mean with "left forum apart" (meaning i can't put this words in a sentences with a sense in my language).

Well of course there's no point to put the forum in PP description :) In the end it's a private-to-private deal and the forum, in this sense, is just a display.

If I was you, I would wait until the end of the month, and then place a PP dispute (you've 45 days from the payment to do that). Why waiting until the end of the month? Well, this is vacation season, so it may be that an holiday is ongoing and maybe he don't have any way to contact you (and forgot to do it before).

In any case good luck!!

Well, if no other option, a "good not received" is an option that may be safe for both you and him.

I'm not getting what you mean with "left forum apart" (meaning i can't put this words in a sentences with a sense in my language).

Word of caution on using item not received, oldest trick in the book is to send a package with tracking that shows delivered. Then when buyer files dispute it turns into a he said/she said situation with no simple resolution. Besides as has been said, it's only been a week since he went no show, new rules with pp allow for up to 6 months for filling disputes so you've got time.

Thank gentle and jpz5142 for your words.

1 week more or less doesn't change the picture, so I can wait.

Hope isn't dead yet.

I also have no experience on claiming with PP, I'll spend some days studying the options I could go through.

And keep update obviously.

This is in no way taking up for bangalter, he should respond to your requests.

I have not had any direct deals with him, but from the correspondence with him, he seems like a solid stand up guy. The way I know him is through the fiasco with MD2020. He lost a ton of watches and parts in that deal, much more than anyone else.

I feel sure he will come through. You must remember, it's summer and folks go on holiday for a couple of weeks and often they are off the grid for a few days.

I would definitely hold up on a Paypal dispute, only as a last resort.

Panerai153, i understand what you mean that is close to what gentle said.

Ok, I can wait.

But pls emember we are speaking about a hundreds $ purchase, while such a superficial behavior could go for buying milk or bread.

And we must consider we all have a smartphone with us nowadays, by which reading mails and going on the forums and so on.

But, I agree with you when you say he seems a solid guy, that was my thought too.

That s why I can wait one more week.

Thx

I wouldn't jump the gun rarely do VIP members with great feedback flake out. Give him some time and let's hope he didn't die. That has been known or speculated to have happened in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't jump the gun rarely do VIP members with great feedback flake out. Give him some time and let's hope he didn't die. That has been known or speculated to have happened in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indy, I know such incredible things can happen in real life too. I read about dead TD in the past. I really hope this is not the case, and would prefer to be sure I've been ripped off by him.

But, I think that PP should protect me if the poor guy was dead! No?

On May 24 someone left negative feedback:

"Told would be in mail w/tracking number 24 April; have gotten nothing/ no reply"

Looks like this guy went rogue...

But as you can see there are positive feedbacks after that. I decided to trust him, this is the truth and my big fault.

But as you can see there are positive feedbacks after that. I decided to trust him, this is the truth and my big fault.

I have just spoken to Jerry a few minutes back and this is what I have to say to you

1. Jerry is a good guy, and my friend, and I believe in him.

2. He has just assured me that you would receive your dial. If he tells me that, then I can guarantee that you would

3. Please do not make further comments on this matter. The issue would be resolved if you can wait patiently. You will get your dial and if not, I would speak to him for you.

Thank you. 

I have just spoken to Jerry a few minutes back and this is what I have to say to you

1. Jerry is a good guy, and my friend, and I believe in him.

2. He has just assured me that you would receive your dial. If he tells me that, then I can guarantee that you would

3. Please do not make further comments on this matter. The issue would be resolved if you can wait patiently. You will get your dial and if not, I would speak to him for you.

Thank you. 

Good job!  :clap2:

Although I do know bangalter to be an honest man ( yes he was our biggest loser in terms of watches and parts in MD fiasco) it is high time dial on the way. So let's just get this off the front page and ship. If matt went off half cocked and opened a PP dispute we would all be pissed and jump him but he posted instead which is right thing to do so let's not get on him, this should have been "on the way".

I feel like living a nightmare.

No more public words about this story by me.

Thx to legend, markie, Mike and all others.

I will help you speak with Jerry, please do not worry.

He is being held up by some personal matters, but like what Mike said, a sale is a sale, and it has to be honored accordingly. 

I will help you speak with Jerry, please do not worry.

He is being held up by some personal matters, but like what Mike said, a sale is a sale, and it has to be honored accordingly.

Legend your contribution is very welcome, and let me even say I really appreciate the erasing sympathy about both me and Jerry.

I regret because I would have been able to understand personal matters by my own, if only he had the decency of answering and explaining.

That's life!

Don't esitate to call me for any problem and thanks again. I'll be indebted with you.

Legend your contribution is very welcome, and let me even say I really appreciate the erasing sympathy about both me and Jerry.

I regret because I would have been able to understand personal matters by my own, if only he had the decency of answering and explaining.

That's life!

Don't esitate to call me for any problem and thanks again. I'll be indebted with you.

That's what the forum is for mate. Relax and don't worry about a thing. Jerry is a good guy caught in a bad situation. But I'll help you speak to him, he's a fellow local.

I guarantee you'll receive your dial. ;)

Sent from Mars using tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Matt, have you spoken with a mod - try Mikeonabike. This should be resolved, there is no reason why you should not get what you've paid for.

Yes I did it, and all the mod I spoke with have been super friendly with me and I want to thank again all them.

Unfortunely even their action has been useless.

I'm really sorry for this, in particular because if so many people face Jerry as a good guy, then I'm sure he is too!

But things has gone in this way...

This is the end.

Word of caution on using item not received, oldest trick in the book is to send a package with tracking that shows delivered. Then when buyer files dispute it turns into a he said/she said situation with no simple resolution. Besides as has been said, it's only been a week since he went no show, new rules with pp allow for up to 6 months for filling disputes so you've got time.

jpz can you please elaborate a bit more on that trick? Thanks