When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lighter rep

GenTLe

Ordered Sept 8, address confirmed on Sept 10, "I will immediately send , thank you" said from the dealer on 12.

Let's see: it has a huge amount of good feedback (1476 sold item with 99% positive feedback) so I'm not worried for now.

Also the Estimated Shipping is declared 15 - 20 Days

Pls tell us when its arrive :) planning to order too

My experience with iOffer has been different.  I ordered, paid, and then received a message from iOffer that the sellers account has been suspended for violating the ToS.  Tried emailing the sellers address on the paypal account, but nothing back yet.  Probably going to wait a week and open a dispute.

There are items like lighters and sunglasses that if you really want you need to go to these sites but anyone who shops for all their accessories off board is courting trouble.

Where ever you can always support your forum dealers and you can rest assured they will look after you.

Ken

There are items like lighters and sunglasses that if you really want you need to go to these sites but anyone who shops for all their accessories off board is courting trouble.

Where ever you can always support your forum dealers and you can rest assured they will look after you.

Ken

Ken, you meant that I could have asked you about that lighter? I understood from your previous reply that you're not dealing with them...

No Gentle I do not have lighters or sunglasses for these item you do need to source elsewhere.

What I meant is that the vast majority of members go off site to buy items like bags and clothing and then wonder why they get screwed.

Ken

• 2 weeks later...

Unlike the watches or the sun-glasses replicas, almost all of the pens and lighters replicas are poor quality, don't last for long and can be spotted easily.... especially the S.T dupont lighter,, the original sound can't be replicated

The second  hand are cheap, reliable and classy... That's how I feel about it

You can bay an average condition S.T dupont for 100-150$ from a trusted second hand dealer.. and with a 50$ you can have a full service and it well always tell a story

Or even you can bay a brand new Mini jet for 100-110$

I own a vintage Ligne 2 for 4 years and a Mini jet and both are more that excellent

Unlike the watches or the sun-glasses replicas, almost all of the pens and lighters replicas are poor quality, don't last for long and can be spotted easily.... especially the S.T dupont lighter,, the original sound can't be replicated

The second hand are cheap, reliable and classy... That's how I feel about it

You can bay an average condition S.T dupont for 100-150$ from a trusted second hand dealer.. and with a 50$ you can have a full service and it well always tell a story

I own a vintage Ligne 2 for 4 years and a Mini jet and both are more that excellent

I don't think any of the people I know even know what an ST DuPont is, so a detail like the sound is not so important for me. I was just bored of plastic bic ones ;)

The second hand are cheap, reliable and classy... That's how I feel about it

Are there any trusted second hand dealers that you reccomend? I'm looking in to buying one.

It arrived today :-)

AMAZING lighter. It came with spare flints (8x in Dupont package) and spare
"bunsen", plus the complete box and documentation/guarantee card and finally with a real leather Dupont belt case.

I'm EXTREMELY happy about it, even if, I've to say, it's a bit heavy in the pocket, with its 143g :)

Also happy that it passed by Italian customs with NO problem at all :)

I can only give a great feedback to the seller, which is "Oldshop1980" on iOffer.

The product is this: https://www.ioffer.com/i/s-t-dupont-highest-quality-lighter-ab097b-528506002

Here some pics (the engravings are not that visible in the pictures due to the metal shine, but they're really well done!):

post-63910-0-49048700-1412804026_thumb.j

post-63910-0-94138900-1412804037_thumb.j

post-63910-0-96586700-1412804041_thumb.j

post-63910-0-86349900-1412804055_thumb.j

Thanks :) Ah, discovered that the "bunsen" in reality is an adapter for refill with spray buthan and also that there is a replacement spark wheel :)

So I filled it, regulated and it works perfectly!

About the "ping!" sound: I would say exactly same tone like this one, but a bit less persistent in time / resonating.

Edited by GenTLe

"bunsen", plus the complete box and documentation/guarantee card and finally with a real leather Dupont belt case.

I'm EXTREMELY happy about it, even if, I've to say, it's a bit heavy in the pocket, with its 143g :)

I can only give a great feedback to the seller, which is "Oldshop1980" on iOffer.

The product is this: https://www.ioffer.com/i/s-t-dupont-highest-quality-lighter-ab097b-528506002

Here some pics (the engravings are not that visible in the pictures due to the metal shine, but they're really well done!):

attachicon.gif20141008_223149.jpg

attachicon.gif20141008_223230_HDR.jpg

attachicon.gif20141008_223306.jpg

attachicon.gif20141008_223342.jpg

Congrats! It is beautiful. Time for me to order one too ;)

The product is this: https://www.ioffer.com/i/s-t-dupont-highest-quality-lighter-ab097b-528506002

attachicon.gif20141008_223149.jpg

attachicon.gif20141008_223230_HDR.jpg

attachicon.gif20141008_223306.jpg

attachicon.gif20141008_223342.jpg

Two questions,

How long did it take to receive your lighter?

Did you make the seller an offer or buy it for asking price?