When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone gonna pre order the iPhone 6?

dbane883

I'll Pre-Order the Samsung Note4...........

iPhone 6 Specs
  • Apple A8 64-bit Processor
  • iOS 8
  • 4.7-inch display – 1334 x 750  – 326 pixels per inch
  • 16GB / 64GB / 128GB storage options
  • 1.2MP front-facing camera
  • 8MP rear-facing camera
  • 4G LTE
  • 802.11ac WiFi
  • Touch ID Fingerprint Sensor
  • NFC
Galaxy Note 4 Specs
  • Snapdragon 805 processor (U.S.)
  • Android 4.4.4 KitKat
  • 5.7-inch Quad HD display – 2560 x 1440  – 515 pixels per inch
  • 32GB storage with support for 128GB microSD cards
  • 3.7MP front-facing camera
  • 16MP camera with Optical Image Stabilization
  • 3220 mAh
  • 4G LTE
  • 802.11ac WiFi
  • Fingerprint sensor
  • UV sensor
  • Heart rate sensor
  • NFC
  • 3220 mAh battery
  • S Pen

Did I mention that the Note4 comes with 3gigs of RAM (iPhone+ 1gig).... 

So Apple release a 4.7" phone and a 5.5" phone, and you choose the 4.7" phone to compare to a 5.7" phone.

Uh?

And you also (deliberately?) forgot the 6+ comes with optical image stabilisation and NFC.

3/10 for Apple bashing. Must try harder.

I guess a lot of people here missed the article in the Register that makes if damn obvious why Androi phones are cheap, and why they won't be for much longer.

Some quotes from it

* Sony, which makes beautiful gadgets, this week forecast a $1.2bn loss from its all-Android smartphone business.

* HTC makes even more beautiful gadgets than Sony, and its sales are lower than last year, when it struggled to break even. HTC doesn't have the deep pockets of Sony or a Korean chaebol.

* Yes, Samsung makes money from Android - the only manufacturer to consistently do so - but at a huge cost. Samsung buys its success with $14bn a year marketing budget, allowing it to put out saturation advertising, pay sales staff to push its products at retail, and hype indifferent offerings in emerging markets

Basically the smartphone market is saturated (apart from a few places which are targeted by low end smartphones), and the only manufacturer to repeatedly get it's existing customers to buy new toys are Apple.

Say what you want about the hardware / iOS, they're the kings at marketing and keeping a captive market (albeit less so than when Jobs ran the ship), and also at maintaining (and increasing) huge profit margins (IIRC the 6+ cost them $15 more to make and they charge an extra $100 for it)

China rising, is the reason the droid market will take such a hit. some phones coming out of china like the one plus one, just make it impossible for other manufacturers to compete with the one+one $300 price tag.

HTC, unknown manufacturer, and lets face it, people are brand fiends. they rather buy a Samsung S5 over the superior HTC M8

abd

Sony doesnt exactly set the bar for stuff any more, even their tvs are made by Sharp. the xperia was also a terrible phone

i checked out the iphone 6 while passing through bestbuy, for build quality next to the HTC M8 the iphone build quality is inferior, it seems more on par with the nexus, even iphone 5 seems more sturdy in your hand

interestingly enough google is trying to shut samsung out of the android market to distance their reliance on their manufacturing capabilities. So samsung is predicted to lose upto 20% of the android market share this year. there is rumor samsung will try and launch its own OS/phone, something google does not want to be blind sided by.

i am interested to see what the new nexus 6 offers (Nov?), it always brings the latest tech with a launch price of $350

anecdotally, i had accidentally sat on my galaxy S2 being in my back pocket during a long car ride, only realizing once i had reached my destination. expecting the screen to be cracked, i was happily surprised to discover it had no deformities or damage

I can see why apple is such a highly valued company, their margins are pretty insane.

http://www.techinsights.com/teardown.com/apple-iphone-6/

there is only a $20 difference between the 6 and 6 plus in parts costs, but the actual retail price is off by several hundred

but in the end, buy whatever makes you happy :good: some of us buy Rolex, some prefer Panerai, some like both! :D and a few like omega too

2012 tech that performs better than most 2014 tech, seems like they're doing something right. And don't call me an idiot, *sshole. Every f*cking year it's the same sh*t, new iPhone is released and the android army is out in full force to ridicule everything about it and their owners. You would think there are more important things in the world to be worried about.

butthurt much ? please print and fill out this form, then use it to plug your bleeding [censored] :D

4fdaa5500a08d.jpg

once you're done, please go submit it at the corner of Fanboi Ave and Dipsht street where you can extol how redundant 2012 tech outperforms what runs on Droid as routine in 2014

and of course there are more important things in the world to be worried about - who's got the best Sub ?

butthurt much ? please print and fill out this form, then use it to plug your bleeding [censored] :D

once you're done, please go submit it at the corner of Fanboi Ave and Dipsht street where you can extol how redundant 2012 tech outperforms what runs on Droid as routine in 2014

and of course there are more important things in the world to be worried about - who's got the best Sub ?

You seem to have much pleasure in insulting buyers of certain brands, starting fights and trolling with some googled not-so-funny forms. That makes you lowlife scum as far as I'm concerned. I feel sorry for your family and friends. If there are any left.

Don't bother replying to me, I'm no longer following this thread.

Edited by Fracture

I wandered into the local Apple store this evening to see what the 6 and 6+ felt like hands on.

The 6 is a very nice size upgrade from my 4S. The 6 actually feels like a shop demo phone that some places still use - in that it feels that slim and light you think it must be a fake one until you swipe the screen and it works :)

It's an equivalent size to my old Nexus 5, tiny bit smaller, but the look and feel of it leaves the Nexus dead in its wake.

The interesting one to me is the 6+.

I've always felt that the 4S, the Nexus 5 (and the 3 and the Dell Streak, and the Nokia 720) are too small to use for anything much other than phone and texts (unless you've got the eyesight of a 16 year old!), in an emergency I'll use them for email and web. So I've also got a current gen iPad to use alongside the phone, which is great, but big, and means two things to carry.

The 6+ is great in portrait and landscape modes, and is big enough and displays enough readable text to be able to replace the iPad for 99% of what I use the iPad for.

Bingo!

So I'll be going for a 6+ and flogging the 4S, the 3S and the iPad which will pay for a sim free 6+.

• Like 1

I was regretting ordering the 6+ earlier this week due to its size..But i realized that the increased real estate renders the iPad mini obsolete. Likewise with the iPad to a lesser extend.

While I hovered over the "cancel order" button, I had a change of heart and now patiently waiting delivery.

The optical stability camera and pixel density were also a deciding factors over the 6.

• Like 1

I see that if you reserve one at a store you can part ex your old iphone, I think I'll go down there with the 4S, the 3S and the iPad and see how much they insult me by :)

I've got the boxes for them all I think, and all in VGC apart from the 3S which has scratches on the curved plastic back as they all do.

You seem to have much pleasure in insulting buyers of certain brands, starting fights and trolling with some googled not-so-funny forms. That makes you lowlife scum as far as I'm concerned. I feel sorry for your family and friends. If there are any left.

Don't bother replying to me, I'm no longer following this thread.

Are all martyrs in your family as passive-aggressive as you ? Do the words pity party mean anything to you ? 

Your behavior on this thread is a lot like a spoilt brat who calls someone out then whines when he get put in his place

I'm on RWG to have fun, you should try it sometime fanboi

I have the 6+.   there's no way it'll bend from carrying it in your front pocket, unless you get hit by a car.    ;)

It was made out that it was just normal front pocket usage? Either way, a phone really shouldn't be able to do that! Better than it smashing though I guess.