When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken 16710 Gmt Master Ii Finished!

lionsandtigers

So i have finally finished my 16710 GMT Master II. T'was not an easy project. Huge thanks to my mentor and yours ubi for hooking me up with the case and guidance.

Here's what we got:

TW Best GMT Master II classic case

Drilled lugs and gen springbars

Gen 16710 Dial

Gen 16710 black/red insert

Modified eta movement with proper stack

still need to add the gen crown and tube

Here are some pics, hope you guys like.

167673-10661.jpg

167673-10662.jpg

167673-10663.jpg

Absolutely outstanding!!!

It's almost perfect. The crystal sits a bit too high though... but that's about the only (very minor) complaint I can find.

How much was the complete cost of this project... if you don't mind me asking?

If you're looking to do one, i can get you the dial, just lemme know!!!!

Tempting, tempting... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I really appreciate the offer mate... but I'll wait another year. Maybe the factories can eventually do this right. Your watch is a beauty... best franken-GMT II ever (at least in our community's history). And I love the black/red combo. Very classy!!!

Now what are you waiting for? Give us a wrist shot!!!!

Randy, thanks for the words, seriously, you came through big on this one and i am so appreciative of all your help and humbled by yours and everyone elses fantastic creations.

Thanks Serg, I do move fast :) its called obsessive compulsive disorder.

lugholes, uch, i hate them with a passssssion. fortunatly this case came with them drilled already, whew...

they best thing i ever got for doing lugholes was a small desk vice to hold the case. other then that, ALOT of oil and patience.

I actually have more trouble with the bracelets, because the hole made to fit the bars is too tight every time, so i gotta kinda scrape the edges for awhile to get some clearance.

So i have finally finished my 16710 GMT Master II. T'was not an easy project. Huge thanks to my mentor and yours ubi for hooking me up with the case and guidance.

Here's what we got:

TW Best GMT Master II classic case

Drilled lugs and gen springbars

Gen 16710 Dial

Gen 16710 black/red insert

Modified eta movement with proper stack

still need to add the gen crown and tube

Here are some pics, hope you guys like.

168031-10543.jpg

168031-10544.jpg

168031-10545.jpg

Damm, thats a great looking watch.Awesome.... :Jumpy:

Fantastic work,thats a unique piece....

I love it.....

Thanks Tribal, so happy to see the 16710 getting such good responses from all the cats on here who's work i admire so much, it really means the world to me :) :) :)

I couldn't have done it, or wouldnt even know where the hell to begin without the help of you guys.

And by the way, if any of you are curious, the date mag is DEAD ON, just looks off from the angle of the photo

Thanks Tribal, so happy to see the 16710 getting such good responses from all the cats on here who's work i admire so much, it really means the world to me :) :) :)

I couldn't have done it, or wouldnt even know where the hell to begin without the help of you guys.

And by the way, if any of you are curious, the date mag is DEAD ON, just looks off from the angle of the photo

Man,looks perfect to me.... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

You made a great work,and believe me, no Ad can spot this as a rep...

there's a new modified 2836-2 with the proper stack, i got lucky cause last week another member was selling one here in the states, so i got to avoid any customs risk.

pretty sure both andrew and josh carry the new modified gmt II, el as well i think, but you'd have to ask him.

the problem is, the dial on the rep SUCKS, no way around it, not even close, so you simply must go gen on this dial

there's a new modified 2836-2 with the proper stack, i got lucky cause last week another member was selling one here in the states, so i got to avoid any customs risk.

pretty sure both andrew and josh carry the new modified gmt II, el as well i think, but you'd have to ask him.

the problem is, the dial on the rep SUCKS, no way around it, not even close, so you simply must go gen on this dial

can i eta 2893 gmt mvt be used with your set up ?

i'm sure it can, wouldnt know to be honest, but if thats the unmodified gmt movement, the hand stack will still be wrong, so i personally wouldnt bother with it.

the stack should be hour, gmt, minute, seconds, most of the gmt reps are gmt, hour, minute, seconds, same with most of the explorer II's (which is gonna be my next project) so it's something that can easily give it away.

with the modified movement and the parts i used, i would challenge any AD to spotting this one, it came out better then my tw sub :)

this one will never leave my collection, to rare in the rep world, just looking at it on my wrist now and i keep fooling myself :)

Now I see the project you was working last days...

Amazing! Guys look at that thick crystal! Does tw gmt fit genuine crystal?

I like it very much. Also look at those old endlinks! I definetly like it..I forgot to mention: red and black, thats the right insert!

Your tatoo is very cool too!