When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best Rolex Submariner

ernie

Why, why,why !!!!! Will they never learn?

50 seconds on the forum, didn't read a thing, and asks the same stupid question that has been asked a million times?

Here is my answer, upgrade to VIP, post a few relevant posts, read and research and you will answer the question yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi

Who is currently selling the best rep Sub..?

Hello Ernie

Because I see that you are new here, I am going to be nice and explain to you that what you did, was a classic newbie misdemeanor, known appositely as the "Who has the best sub" syndrome. This happens when a newbie creates an account here, fails to introduce himself, and then goes on to ask the question that is most scorned by the members in RWG. Had the search button not existed, your question might be justified and could have some credibility, but please, I beseech you to do your own quiet and dignified search before asking this dreaded question. 

We are not a curmudgeonly bunch waiting to pounce on you, but surely you do realise that this question has been asked to death by a slew of other newbies before you, before we see them slinking into cyber oblivion gleefully rubbing their palms together and rushing toward their preferred interpretation of the best sub. No interaction, no courtesies, no gratitude from them. Multiply these lack of cyber manners by approximately 159,293,306 times, and you would understand our natural reaction to the next newbie asking this question. 

Your question may thus be innocuous, but I think the members were being judicious in telling you to go search for this on your own, arm yourself with the foundation knowledge, and perhaps learn to ask the question in a more creative manner, so that the responses would not be facetitious and more helpful. For example, asking "Would you choose a TC sub or a BP sub for your first rep?" is going to give you more insights than asking that classical questions newbies ask. Asking "who has the best sub?" here is like sticking your hand into the hornet's nest and then waving it around yelling "Merry Christmas guys, let me give you a hand!" You can imagine the resulting consequence.

So do stay and learn, but please try not to ASK when you can SEARCH. We do not want the members to check the forums and find the first 63 threads asking variants of "Who has the best sub?", as you would kindly understand.

Lastly, welcome to RWG! This is where you would find out who has the best sub, yes, but you have to do some work and sift through the accumulated wisdom and knowledge here, like I did. It would be helpful for you to introduce yourself, if you have not already done so. Say hello and be nice. Make friends with the wolf pack instead of learning to fend them off. Your stay here would be so much pleasant and enriching I promise.

Have a lovely weekend sir. :)  

A, my friend, you must be a diplomat in real life or at least one at heart, I'm the 70 year old curmudgeon!! Not that I don't did like noobs, after all we were all one at one time, but when folks ask these questions after they register and are a one minute old member, it gets old pretty fast.

What really irritates me is that most of these folks come on here or other forums, register, pick our brains, buy a watch, and are gone, never to be heard from again.no membership, no contributions, just directions to a website, buy a watch and if all is well, never hear from them again, but if it's not right,WHAM!! A Paypal dispute is filed!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

there should be a sticky on this sub forum "Who has the Best Sub". That way maybe, just maybe, we could help direct a few newbs. I know, it won't save us from ALL of these types of threads but could help us link those people to the thread. Just a thought.

I'll rather we have a sticky on "newbie etiquette and what not to ask". :lol:

Sent from Mars using tapatalk

I'll rather we have a sticky on "newbie etiquette and what not to ask". :lol:

I figured using the best sub title would act as a great trap for the newbies. Lol like shooting fish in a barrel, lol!

We can fill that thread with anything they need to read. Haha

"How to catch a newbie"

• Like 2

I figured using the best sub title would act as a great trap for the newbies. Lol like shooting fish in a barrel, lol!

We can fill that thread with anything they need to read. Haha

"How to catch a newbie"

LOL +1

I nearly spilled my coffee when I saw "shooting fish in a barrel". Is that what newbies bring to mind these days? :lol:

I couldn't have said it better myself. :notworthy:

Wow, some of you guys really take yourselves seriously don't you. Have you ever considered that some people just want to buy a rep quickly and reduce the chance of it being utter rubbish (given that $200-400 for a fake, and let's not kid ourselves these are cheap fake watches fellas, is quite a bit of money) because they can't afford a real one. Another thing I can never quite get my head round is the fact that a lot of members have bought so many reps they could have actually paid a real watch easily by now.

I shouldn't respond to the trolling, but I will anyways. Actually they are all "real" watches in that they all keep time. Many of the members here do have or have had genuine watches. Calling the time pieces many of our members have "cheap fakes" is quite an insult. All you need to do is look at some of the stunning pieces that have been built by the members. For some it it not about owning a "Rolex" but it's a passion for watch collecting, studying the history, and sharing that passion and knowledge with others. Part of sharing that knowledge is to encourage others to take the time to do some of their own studying...

Try to wrap your head around having 12 instead of 1. I am a good example of this. I have collected Rolexes since the 80's but usually only had 1 at a time. I have had many genuine Rolexes over the years but really did not know that much about the history or intricate details of them. This forum has opened my eyes to the real world of watch collecting. Doing my first Franken build was far more satisfying than any gen purchase I have made. So instead of 1 or 2 gen pieces I am collecting all the models I like. Not to say I won't buy another gen, I am currently shopping for a 1966 5513, but not to replace my reps to add to them.

Sent from my droptop using telepathy.

• Like 2

Wow, some of you guys really take yourselves seriously don't you. Have you ever considered that some people just want to buy a rep quickly and reduce the chance of it being utter rubbish (given that $200-400 for a fake, and let's not kid ourselves these are cheap fake watches fellas, is quite a bit of money) because they can't afford a real one. Another thing I can never quite get my head round is the fact that a lot of members have bought so many reps they could have actually paid a real watch easily by now.

So what are you doing here sir, just trolling for a fight? First off, I don't think the vast majority if us take ourselves too seriously, or are we pompous guardians of the facts on reps. But what we are serious about is knowledge, and that extends to reps and genuine watches. We have realized over the years of participating in both rep and genuine watch sites, is that knowledge can only be learned by reading and research. And another factoid that may surprise you is that most of the members here not only own a bunch of reps, they also own a large number of genuine watches as well, and I'm not talking about a watch box full of Timex's and assorted department store and Walmart watches, but some very expensive brands like Rolex, Audemars Piguet, Omega,etc.

AFA the guy/gal who wants to quickly buy a watch and not get scammed or receive one that is "utter rubbish"to quote you, I would advise that they spend their 400.00 USD on a new mid range genuine watch. They will get a new watch, a warranty and peace of mind. What of course they won't be able to do is show off their new "Rolex" to all their friends at the local bar. If they are serious about buying a good rep, then stick around and learn like we all did.

All forums,of every ilk live or die by member participation.I heartily welcome any and all who are willing to contribute by participation. I will eagerly share my meager knowledge with them. If however they are among the "hit and run" crowd, I have no time to waste on them.

• Like 2

Tc, bk but you will be more than happy with every sub supplied by our td's!

Next question will be "what is a TC, bk and TD" please supply me with all the pertinent information, as I am a busy man, and I don't have time to waste looking for this information!

Come guys, I need to know

Looking for the best sub as well

Mike Id say the builds you make are some of the best! Haha

I absolutely have enough money in rep's to buy a gen or two. I'm more entertained by the hobby as a whole. Ive earned so much the past year it's crazy. Never would have paid attention to any of the critical details of our watches had it not been for these forums. To each each his own.