When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Strap Vs Bracelet

Mark Eleven

Strap vs Bracelet  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer strap or bracelet?

• Strap
    • Bracelet
    • Both

The blending of watch to strap or bracelet is a highly personal choice. Each complements the other and when perfectly done creates something better than sum of the individual elements (in the mind of the owner). What I like may not be what you like.

I am not sure the point of this poll but then I don't get it when people ask 'which watch would you buy' to help them make a choice.

Usil

Some watches live for a bracelet, like the GST Chrono, but most need a strap. I find the Sub is happy with either, due to the comfortable Rolex bracelet, but Omegas need canvas/leather/rubber/etc., and if your Panerai is on steel, you're missing something exciting.

Depends on the watch. I love the look of elegant dress watches on high quality straps but a bracelet, a little bit loosely sized, is my personal comfort preference. Straps, no matter how padded or supple, always feel like tourniquets to me and several of my watches on straps are "tweeners" with one hole too loose and the next one too tight. A flopping watch on a strap looks stupid to me while a slightly oversized bracelet looks like jewelry.

Guess I'll be the first to post this opinion then... Bracelets (almost always) FTW!!!!1!11

On pretty much any piece shy of a Pam I prefer a nice metal bracelet. It would pretty much go without saying that I prefer Tool/Dive watches... I don't think I actually *own* a single "dress" watch (IWC FA Jones type...) and I don't think I'd actually have *use* for a watch of that type either...

Watches, for me anyhow, need to be pretty much bomb-proof. They will get wet. They will have other liquids than water on them (blood, oil, various motorn vehicle fluids, saline etc...) They will get hung up on things and need to not rip off my wrist, they will be on my wrist during physical altercations...

That being said... I do enjoy Pams on straps during my off days for nice relaxed dinners with the wife round a wonderful local curry shop. But in general... read 95% of the time... a metal bracelet is on my wrist.