When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Waiting Game

positivitony

I just finished my first ever M2M transaction the other day and I'm already super excited about it!  :thumbsupsmileyanim: I'm keeping the details a secret until I get my package though so shhh   :secret:

Only thing is now that that part's done, I have to play my favorite game, and possibly everyone's favorite game, the waiting game. I'm a pretty patient guy though, so I'll live  :) but this got me thinking! What are the shortest and longest times you've waited to receive a watch? Are any of you still waiting? And what was it that you were waiting for? Share your shipping triumphs and woes with me, I'm interested!

Shipping wise it was my fault.  Took a good 4 weeks for a piece to get from US to Australia on an M2M sale.  It was somewhat expensive piece so the buyer and myself were both sweating pretty good.  No tracking, no nothing, it was the first piece I sold outside of US.....I was ready to give a refund when it showed up.  

Then I recently used the same shipping place to send a piece to UK and once again no tracking for like 2 weeks.  It finally left LA yesterday.  This time I paid for USPS priority international and it is still taking forever.  Needless to say I will never use that shipping store again.  Problem was it was the weekend and I wanted to get it out.  Been better off waiting until Monday and just going the post office...the buyer would have received it sooner.    

For receiving, 4-5 weeks is the longest.  Now on some modding work......I have waited months.

Almost 9 weeks for a TC, once 8 weeks from China for 2 reps, fastest with transhipping was 21 days, normal is 3,5 weeks.

Fastest ever was 4 days from the UK, by coincidence Sead had what I wanted over there and it arrived "immediately".

And from Creation Watches Singapore once purchased on a Saturday afternoon and arrived Tuesday (!) half around the world and through customs.

And: 1 strap from the US: 7 weeks shipping; 

another hand-made strap from the US sets the record: ordered end of May, arrived beginning October:) 

Shipping wise it was my fault. Took a good 4 weeks for a piece to get from US to Australia on an M2M sale. It was somewhat expensive piece so the buyer and myself were both sweating pretty good. No tracking, no nothing, it was the first piece I sold outside of US.....I was ready to give a refund when it showed up.

Then I recently used the same shipping place to send a piece to UK and once again no tracking for like 2 weeks. It finally left LA yesterday. This time I paid for USPS priority international and it is still taking forever. Needless to say I will never use that shipping store again. Problem was it was the weekend and I wanted to get it out. Been better off waiting until Monday and just going the post office...the buyer would have received it sooner.

For receiving, 4-5 weeks is the longest. Now on some modding work......I have waited months.

No sweat. She's here now ;)8029963c150e689ec27f1e2dccb2d494.jpg

Life's a [censored], then you marry one!

• Like 1