When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Diy Water test

Ezio

No problem,

Something I heard a long time ago that you might want to keep in the back of your mind(it worked well for me for 35 years)

"The probability of survival is inversely proportional to the angle of arrival. Large angle of arrival, small probability of survival and vice versa."

I envy you,

Be safe! (and if you can't.......be better than the other guy :angry2: )

I am not sure how accurate this is but for a general rule of thumb water proof testing I make sure everything is greased and ready and then I fill a body of hot water. I then place the watch in the water. The increase in temperature increases the volume of the gas inside, which will cause it to leak from wherever there is a problem, if it starts to leak, then you take the watch out of the water (well before it stops bubbling, otherwise bye bye watch). This has worked for me but of course I have no idea of the general pressure that this generates. 

Of course be very careful if you try this and don't blame me if you lose your watch. If it was anything that I was that petrified of losing, I'd just get it done for real.

$40 sounds like a lot but it isn´t if it´s a professional test to 10 ATM and more. Maybe You find the simple and faster 3 atm test at some shop for much cheaper, if it passes for me it´s good for a swim.

I am not sure how accurate this is but for a general rule of thumb water proof testing I make sure everything is greased and ready and then I fill a body of hot water. I then place the watch in the water. The increase in temperature increases the volume of the gas inside, which will cause it to leak from wherever there is a problem, if it starts to leak, then you take the watch out of the water (well before it stops bubbling, otherwise bye bye watch). This has worked for me but of course I have no idea of the general pressure that this generates. 

Of course be very careful if you try this and don't blame me if you lose your watch. If it was anything that I was that petrified of losing, I'd just get it done for real.

Yes it may work, but I'd not place a watch in hot water as the heat could damage the watch/grease/oils.

The OP because I'm too lazy to build my own :p

Thanks anyway mate!

Local dealer in Kuwait mate :) its funny here They take almost every currency here

But went and build my own today i know im a pilot but [censored] this scared the hell out of me when i did a test run so went out to our technicians

And They laughed pretty hard at me but made me a better tester which is more safe to

We used a blender and hydraulic air worked great

Tested to 100meters before we called it quit

THIS is a WARNING to all who wanna make They own water tester watch out we went and tested the one i made we used hydraulic air 1 bar can Blow up the whole thing and can do some really bad damage its a plastic hand granade

Thanks for he help guys this badboy is ready for the sea :D

No problem,

Something I heard a long time ago that you might want to keep in the back of your mind(it worked well for me for 35 years)

"The probability of survival is inversely proportional to the angle of arrival. Large angle of arrival, small probability of survival and vice versa."

I envy you,

Be safe! (and if you can't.......be better than the other guy :angry2: )

Thanks mate :)