When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Got a dial,need a case...1680

blackoyster

Hi,

After a Long Time ,i deside to Build a vintage rolex.

A 1680 red sub. With a Lot of Chance i get a nice dial ,but i don't know much about 1680 subs.my problem is that i need a case for a 26mm dial,which One can i buy ( size, brand,Website...???) only in Europe ...:-(

What are the Things i got to know?

Where can i get good hands? Did the standart Asien Rep movement fit? The dial got from Center to Date a size of 9,5mm.

Reshaping is no problem for me,i got the right Tools;-)

This is the dial

Thanks

78cbb256dea2bd8d88c46ac2bf8a1dad.jpg

Thanks

Send from blackoyster

Edited by blackoyster

MBW 1680 cases are made for 26.0mm dials...not 26.5mm (at least the two that I have are made this way). The dial window opening is about 25.6mm iirc. Too much of the outer edge of the dial will be covered if you do not cut the reflector (rehaut) out a little. Then you may need to machine the dial seat to accept a 26.5mm dial as it is machined for a 26.0mm dial. The interior of the case is very close to genuine 1680 spec though. They are basically 1680 spec cases made for 26.0mm 5512/13 dials.

There's no such thing as a cheap vintage build :lol:

Honestly, I would ditch that dial. It's not that great. You can get much better dials from yuki or whoopy for 1680.

Or sell the dial and get a pure time 1680 if thry have it in stock.

It would just take some case work and a relume and you'd be set.

There's no such thing as a cheap vintage build :lol:

Honestly, I would ditch that dial. It's not that great. You can get much better dials from yuki or whoopy for 1680.

Or sell the dial and get a pure time 1680 if thry have it in stock.

It would just take some case work and a relume and you'd be set.

+1 that sounds like some good advice for a budget build !

• 2 months later...

I would suggest to get the PT 1680 and a DG 5513 from the cartel.

In this case you have a mid case that accept 26.5mm dial a low beat movement with silver date wheel and you can use the bezel construction including the retainer ring from the 5513 to have a gen style construction. All parts will accept gen parts for upgrades you plan in the future.

Or, if you can find a good quality gen style bezel construction you can skip the cartel 5513.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I would suggest to get the PT 1680 and a DG 5513 from the cartel.

In this case you have a mid case that accept 26.5mm dial a low beat movement with silver date wheel and you can use the bezel construction including the retainer ring from the 5513 to have a gen style construction. All parts will accept gen parts for upgrades you plan in the future.

Or, if you can find a good quality gen style bezel construction you can skip the cartel 5513.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Listen to this man ;)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...