When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first replica watch

alterego

Well, The idea of posting a pic of this watch had been in my mind for a long time. I never did because I thought it would be a little embarrasing receiving comments about the poor quality of watch. But a wek ago I thought, the heck. This watch has been with me for almost 25 years, working like champ and giving me many satisfactions. For those new to this adiction (I mean replica watches) please, think that back then when I bought it , there was no facebook, no cel phones, no replica forums and internet was something used as little we play cassette tapes today. The watch presumed to be a copy of the then very popular Breitling Blackbird, a hot pilot's watch at the time.  In detail, the watche's resemblace to the gen is  of course very poor, but to this happy owner that's irrelevant. What really counts is its identity and stampa. Something that inmmediately seduced me when I saw it  at a souvenir shop in Wshinton DC.

post-1234-0-05048200-1417738382_thumb.jp

That's probably a record!! those were certainly not the "Good old Days" as some of us older folks like to remember the past. The only reps back then were watches for sale in the back of magazines, or in small shops, flea markets and on the street. I bought my first rep a Rolex DJ probably around that same time, maybe a little earlier. I kept that watch for several years and finally gave it to a friend who was the head of the respiratory therapy dept. at our local hospital where I practiced. He probably wore that watch for another ten or more years, every day. Totally wore the thing out!! They were pretty crappy compared to today, but at least this one had a Swiss ETA movement.

Would be interesting to know how many others around have some of the old "magazine Ad" watches from the dim dark past!!  

Heck about how 1 to 1 it is Got a rep from the 90s of a rolex Sub hell it looks bad Towards a gen and a a modern rep we have today but i love it

Here is a pic of mine :D its around from 1999 i Think not sure been thinking for fun to upgrade it and mod it just for fun

post-61085-0-08359800-1417774144_thumb.j

I cant see that being from 1999 SEL end links? no lugholes in case bigger hour markers looks a lot later than 1999.

Not sure Then remember it from my trip from 1999 in China but i been there and Thailand and bought reps alot back Then up to 2004 so you might be right who knows its old and its crap but it works :D

Oh and the Bracelet is from a bp if i remember correct bought here because the orginal broke

This one was from around 2004 from "ideal watches" if I remember. Long before I found the forum or knew much about watches. My beloved 1987 16613 broke and Rolex wanted an insane amount to fix it so I traded it for a race car body and found this rep in attempt to "replace it".

Had to take a cashiers check ($1100) to fedex to pick it up. Not knowing any better, I thought it looked pretty good. I was wearing a gen 116523 back then and in my ignorance thought this rep was a steal. It is solid 14k bezel, crown and bracelet and swiss Eta. She ran good for almost ten years but in the spring crown broke so sent it to Matt. Crown was easy to sort out but he had to try a bunch of inserts to find one that fits so not gen spec. Insert and dial are too purplish and she has other flaws but still runs great and bracelet is really comfy from the stretch.....

1bffe292f30a86006b6db7ee722649df.jpg

e3cc6b6feea6e49d016ecf6f5074f973.jpg

f79840a722c2eba0f3c6f362e31a0091.jpg

Sent from my droptop using telepathy.

Nice story! And good to see the watch is still running strong. I'm wondering what movement is inside? Is it a quartz movement?

Here are some pics of the watch and movement. It's Japan movmt marked Morioc Toka INC. PC32A

A new meaning to vintage reps. 

Nice story! And good to see the watch is still running strong. I'm wondering what movement is inside? Is it a quartz movement?

Here are some pics of the watch. It's a Japan movement marked No jewels unadjusted, Moriok Toka Incl  PC32 A. Never heard of such a company.

post-1234-0-82972300-1417879134_thumb.jp

post-1234-0-97747600-1417879206_thumb.jp

post-1234-0-23349100-1417879273_thumb.jp

post-1234-0-26288100-1417879374_thumb.jp