When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

***HELP*** Broken Tube piece inside MBW case

Guest REPPIN

So I have an MBW 5513 case.

The crown stopped screwing down the other day so I took it apart and sure enough , the outer part of the tube is inside the crown and the inner part of the tube is broken off inside the case.

Does anyone know a fix for this? The new tube I have is an Atahya and it will only screw in about 1/2 way. So I looked inside and I can see a broken piece still inside the case.

Can this be tapped out? Or am I up [censored] creek?

Anyone know a modder that can handle this?

Try a triangular jeweler' file. Soak some penetrating oil into the threads and press the file into the opening, then see if you can unscrew the remnant. You might also try a rattail file.

Needle nose to remove it from the crown. A pair of tweasers using only one side press firmly into the tube and see if you can back it out, or screw it all the way through. You may need to heat the case with a lighter to loosen the remaining tube.

Try a triangular jeweler' file. Soak some penetrating oil into the threads and press the file into the opening, then see if you can unscrew the remnant. You might also try a rattail file.

Ditto, but you probably will not require any oil, heat or other additional items. Just wedge a file inside the tube & unscrew. I would also replace with a gen (ebay) or Swiss-made generic tube (available from watch parts sellers like ofrei, cousinsuk, etc), which will feel better & last much longer than any rep part. Trust me on this.