When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sent back 5 months ago, still no news...

GenTLe

Hi Gents,

in July I got a nice 328$ Omega ETNZ chrono from one of our TDs here. Unfortunately after 2 or 3 days it got a quite serious problem: one of the chrono hands detached and started to fly around on the dial.

Looking carefully I've seen that it was glued to the pinion (which got broken), so I had no chances to fix it locally, because any local watchmaker would have refused to work on a thing mounted in such crazy way.

Only option: send it back to the TD (actually to the factory).

The watch has arrived back in China on 20/25 August (confirmed by the tracking and also by the TD).

Well, 5 months have passed since then, and from some time (months) the TD is replying that the factory is still waiting for spare parts to fix it... 

At this point I'm not sure if this is true or what, and I'm asking your opinion about involving a mod to try to come out from this situation...

Thanks, GenTLe

Seems enough time to have it fixed. Involve a mod. Would not buy there until the matter is settled. Will never understand anyway why some TD´s loose thousands just to (supposedly) save a couple of hundred,s but on the other hand inflate prices on all watches by $30 to $40 to cover for just these situations.... East vs. West.

Reason why i never send it back to China

Thought it was all good remember your post about it long time ago

Get a mod on it since this is just jacking your chain and ask for a new watch or money back

That sounds really suspicious. First off, why don't they put a new movement in the watch? These are regular A7750 movements, correct? Probably cost the factory 15-20 bucks each in bulk. Silly for the TD's to jack folks around like that., send  the buyer  a new watch, and keep a happy ,satisfied  customer.  Things like this are one of the reasons I seldom buy a new watch from a TD, just not willing to put up with all the BS that goes along with purchases gone bad!

sounds suspect to me... I'd be taking some more aggressive steps to get it back!

I'd rather avoid being aggressive now: he has my money and my watch. If I want to achieve a result, in my view, it's better to be calm and use diplomacy because otherwise it could just be too easy for him to simply close communication channels...

That sounds really suspicious. First off, why don't they put a new movement in the watch? These are regular A7750 movements, correct? Probably cost the factory 15-20 bucks each in bulk. Silly for the TD's to jack folks around like that., send  the buyer  a new watch, and keep a happy ,satisfied  customer.  Things like this are one of the reasons I seldom buy a new watch from a TD, just not willing to put up with all the BS that goes along with purchases gone bad!

It's a 7753 one. And yes, it sounds strange to me too. Maybe they're waiting for the hands, but there are at least 2 reps using them, and I believe that in the watch market it shouldn't be so difficult to get them (i.e. the good Sead made me to have a spare set of a watch that was considered out of stock from 4 years...).

Let's see what our great MOAB may do :)

I believe Mike is your best bet. I would suspect that these dealers sell a lot of watches through the forums. While there are not that many people who are paying members and contribute regularly, I'm sure there are hundreds more that visit specifically to find a rep watch. I doubt that any dealer wants to get "sideways" with the administrators over watch deals that can be easily solved.

I believe Mike is your best bet. I would suspect that these dealers sell a lot of watches through the forums. While there are not that many people who are paying members and contribute regularly, I'm sure there are hundreds more that visit specifically to find a rep watch. I doubt that any dealer wants to get "sideways" with the administrators over watch deals that can be easily solved.

Actually I believe it too, but not sure about this specific one: in my view TDs with good web sites (this hasn't one - no, he's not Sead) have much more business: on average people buy looking at the interesting products much more than asking with an email and not being sure of what may come out in the QC pics.

GenTle get details over to me ASAP as I get busy with work during week.

Thanks Mike, please don't rush... I waited 5 months, I still can wait few months ;)