When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Toro - not to be trusted? - dont buy from him!

kargo

You can follow my topic here. http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/175439-help-with-refund/#entry1388960

If any problems occour you cant always count on him as my case shows. If you just take his watches - then perhaps no problems - I dont know!? 

But I tried to buy from him beause he was a trusted dealer here... is that okay then? Can he really continue to be at trusted dealer?

I for one - regret trusting a trusted dealer - what are the QC pictures for then?  :nono:

Edited by kargo

Lets not bash Toro unless he is proven guilty by established facts.

I understand that the OP had a negative experience with Toro, and that it may or may not have been sorted out in the end.

It is easy to either jump in to bash Toro or defend him based on personal experiences, thereby creating a schism here that could escalate unnecessarily.

Can mods please look into this matter please to prevent unmitigated flaming? We just got over the kingfrog saga.. lets not make this into another one. ;) 

Agreed Legend.

We should refrain from throwing large stones and Toro must get this sorted as a matter of urgency for sure!.

I have bought over ten watches from him with only one not working correctly which was fixed.

The less TD's we have the chances are the more monopoly which will might result in higher prices!

Toro please address this urgently!

Sorry about that... its just that I read too many of these Toro-does-not-reply-stories and toro-qc-issues on different forums lately.

I find it even more funny that he called me an amateur after I finished the PAMguide, while he can't even run his own business properly. Who's the amateur now?

You can all read my thread. On dec. 3 thrd. he finally wrote - money already refunded - although they never found way to my account. From then on I first got in touch with him again through admin. Mike. All the time I tried to ask WHEN - as in which date he supposedly had refunded. To this day he has not answerred this. 

I can put up all the conversation between him, Mike and I? To be fair I closed my Mastercard somewhere in between because of a hole different story (some small amounts getting deducted after my son had bought some games to his Iphone) but my bank have assured me ANY transfer WHAT SO EVER will stil reach my account - but none have from him. 

I have offered a full insight to my account to prove this - and asked if Torro can give me a print of his - showing the money leaving his account - but that he has never really answerred.

Mike has told - as Torro answerred - "he can just make a credit card claim".

You deciede for yourself - is this helpfull behavior - and behavior worthy of a Trusted dealer? You tell me - I´m new here and just tried to use your experinces to avoid any problems - so I went with a "Trusted dealer". So far ONLY problems - and I tried to communicate with Torro first - then here - before an Administrator Mike.

So do not fell I have jumped the gun!?

It is okay to turn down because of QC is it not? The date window was not as seen on his adverticed pictures.

Well $200 less on my account - and left to claim. Thanx for you "service" Torro  :huh:

Edited by kargo
  • Like 1

You can all read my thread. On dec. 3 thrd. he finally wrote - money already refunded - although they never found way to my account. From then on I first got in touch with him again through admin. Mike. All the time I tried to ask WHEN - as in which date he supposedly had refunded. To this day he has not answerred this.

I can put up all the conversation between him, Mike and I? To be fair I closed my Mastercard somewhere in between because of a hole different story (some small amounts getting deducted after my son had bought some games to his Iphone) but my bank have assured me ANY transfer WHAT SO EVER will stil reach my account - but none have from him.

I have offered a full insight to my account to prove this - and asked if Torro can give me a print of his - showing the money leaving his account - but that he has never really answerred.

Mike has told - as Torro answerred - "he can just make a credit card claim".

You deciede for yourself - is this helpfull behavior - and behavior worthy of a Trusted dealer? You tell me - I´m new here and just tried to use your experinces to avoid any problems - so I went with a "Trusted dealer". So far ONLY problems - and I tried to communicate with Torro first - then here - before an Administrator Mike.

So do not fell I have jumped the gun!?

It is okay to turn down because of QC is it not? The date window was not as seen on his adverticed pictures.

Well $200 less on my account - and left to claim. Thanx for you "service" Torro :huh:

I believe you. Your experience with Toro sounds bad and communication from TDs sometimes leave a lot to be desired. To be honest I have, like others here, read a lot about purchase experiences with him lately and it raises questions.

I personally never bought from Toro so I cannot share any personal experience, but what had transpired between you and him certainly is a learning experience and reference for the rest of us.

Sent from Mars using tapatalk

You can edit the title, go to more reply options and use full editor.

We are all with you on your personal dealings with Toro, however I always like to chosse my words carefully and not fan the flames if possible.

I for example would say: Major dissapointment and lack of correspondance from Toro, sam emessage and concern? Toro might be having a tough time, a personal crisis that has kept him away from his business we do not know. He will I am sure sort it out and we all want to see that happen.

Regards

AJ

You can edit the title, go to more reply options and use full editor.

We are all with you on your personal dealings with Toro, however I always like to chosse my words carefully and not fan the flames if possible.

I for example would say: Major dissapointment and lack of correspondance from Toro, sam emessage and concern? Toro might be having a tough time, a personal crisis that has kept him away from his business we do not know. He will I am sure sort it out and we all want to see that happen.

Regards

AJ

in full editor - where from there? AJ?

I have bought from Toro so many times I have lost count.  I have always had a good experience with him and he has always addressed any issues that have arisen.  I have learned in buying reps to relax, I know we all want the watch asap, qc pictures yesterday, etc but we do need to take a longer term view and realize it is a purchase of a few hundred dollars (on average).  

I obviously know nothing about this particular case. from either the buyers or sellers perspective,  I am just sharing my own personal buying experience with Toro who has always acted as a gentleman in all my dealing with him.

TimeShare

While I have also bought from Toro many times, with no issues, it has been a number of months.

HOWEVER, this is not the only forum complaint about him recently.   When issues start piling up, it must raise concern.

The situation needs to be addressed before it blows out of proportion.   Toro is notorious for somewhat poor communication skills.   That won't help his situation.    One of the forum admins with some leverage, needs to get him back on track, or take appropriate action.

I have bought from Toro so many times I have lost count.  I have always had a good experience with him and he has always addressed any issues that have arisen.  I have learned in buying reps to relax, I know we all want the watch asap, qc pictures yesterday, etc but we do need to take a longer term view and realize it is a purchase of a few hundred dollars (on average).  

I obviously know nothing about this particular case. from either the buyers or sellers perspective,  I am just sharing my own personal buying experience with Toro who has always acted as a gentleman in all my dealing with him.

TimeShare

+1  Not picking sides or discounting what has happened to some members, but I have had good experiences with Toro.  Sorry to hear about these issues for those who are going through them.  I have had my share also, but from other dealers.    

Toro has been my preferred dealer for a while now..

I don`t buy many reps these days but he has always done me right. I have a 448 incoming at the moment from Toro.

I guess drop shipping might be the biggest culprit in the fuck ups?? I don`t know..

I just read this. Toro sent out vouchers for this on may 2014. It's jan 2015. I don't know about you guys but just judging by this he would lose me as a customer. My opinion. Anyway I'm sure Mikeonabike is looking into this guy.