When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

If You Could Only Own One genuine Watch, Which One Would It Be?

johnboy777

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a couple months of teeth gnashing and indecision, I've decided on my annual gen purchase, which will be done the day after Xmas:
Here is my Croton (sort of look-a-like) I bought for $79.00 last year from ShopNBC. Almost looks like a rep of the original but without the name! What do you think?

170290-9932.jpg

170290-9933.jpg

170290-9934.jpg

Edited by xwoodbutch

I would buy the following:

post-762-1166487676_thumb.jpg

Ulysse Nardin Planetarium Copernicus – Men’s automatic winding wristwatch with perpetual calendar. Skeletonized solid gold rotor, hand engraved movement. This fine instrument, featuring Ptolemy's geocentric universe with the Earth at its center, and Copernicus' heliocentric universe with the Sun at its center, allows the reading of the astronomical positions of the planets in relation to the sun and the earth. The moon rotates around the earth. A perpetual calendar indicating the months and the sign of the zodiac completes one turn in 365.24 days at the exterior. 18k white gold round style case with 18k rose gold bezel (40mm diameter). Meteorite dial. Black strap band with Ulysse Nardin 18k rose gold deployant clasp. Limited Edition - Only 65 made.

• 1 month later...
Having thought about it, one watch, unlimited budget ... It'd be Buzz Aldrin's Speedy, if it ever turns up.

Wow, you read my mind. That (or any of the original astronauts Speedys) are always on my mind.

Oh...I didn't see the unlimited budget part in the OP. Most people I now who actually have unlimited budgets go for understated proof that they have unlimited bugets, so if I were one of them I might go with an 18k Stainless watch:

post-53-1170939539_thumb.jpg

I just re-read the question and it struck me differently than when I responded earlier. This unlimited budget fantasy is also going to be a daily beater. Let me say that owning a $60,000 Breuget or a $10,000 Zenith that I would have to wear every day would give me ulcers. I might have to tape bubble wrap aroung by wrist to go outside. So I guess the actual choice would include ruggedness as well as extravagance.

No chance of keeping a Timex Ironman under the couch pillows for beater use??

Guess not.

I would have to pick....I'm sorry to say...probably a TT Sub. It would be the only expensive, impressive watch I would feel safe in wearing everyday.

No end of budget for watch = absolute end of imagination for some.......No Date Sub.......DUH...give some people ultimate choice and they run straight at the edge of their envelope and bounce right off it.....!

Unlimited funds is a once in a lifetime opportunity and some people are crowing about Rolex.....the GM of watches.....it baffles me......but then again maybe I should learn to expect no less......after all...God made....ya know the rest...!

One choice and one choice only......it has to be a toss uo between the Patek Star Caliber Grande Complication .....or the Vacheron et Constantin Tour De L'ile......either from the oldest established manufacture or from the premier manufacture.......it's like the genie giving you one wish for a car....and you plump for a Mercedes 230 E class........me.......I'll go for the Veyron......!