When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Opinions needed- Which 2 watches should I take on vacation?

tframo

I'm looking for the opinions of the great members here. I'll be going on vacation to Aruba and only want to bring 2 watches.

I'm leaning towards my 16610 and my Seawolf yellow with mesh. I figure I can wear either one during the day at beach and snorkeling and the 16610 would be good for the evenings out.

Attached are pics of my collection (minus my 5513 still with Dbane and DSSD en route from AJ)

What would you guys take? Would you keep the wolf on mesh or switch back to pro2? Or would you take 2 different watches altogether?

Thanks for your opinions, thoughts, and comments

Tony

post-48269-0-55903200-1431904560_thumb.j

post-48269-0-76760000-1431904569_thumb.j

post-48269-0-98558200-1431904580_thumb.j

post-48269-0-30426600-1431904594_thumb.j

post-48269-0-55194600-1431904603_thumb.j

First question, have any of them been pressure tested? Reason being if you get it wet inside with salt water, it's probably going to be a paperweight by the time you can get it home and opened up and dried out. I would lean more toward the Seiko for a beach snorkeling watch and probably the 16610 or the White dial Breitling on leather for the rest of the time.

I have gotten to where when I go out of the country, I tend to take watches that are not easily identifiable by folks who might have ulterior motives. Every pickpocket and thug knows Rolex, but my AP FC V3 looks like any other "black watch" to 99.999% of the people around you, and that tiny percent who know are not likely to try to steal it!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As much as I love the collection if I was on holiday I'd prefer to take the SKX, at least for when in the water. There's no stress about it possibly flooding or anything. Though for the evenings I'd still bring a lovely rep (probably the 16610).

I'm pretty much with the others mate, I would take the Seiko for swimming as no issues and lighter than the Seawolf too, then I'd have to pick the 16610 for the evenings, nice classy and goes with anything............sounds like me  :inverted:

As much as I love the collection if I was on holiday I'd prefer to take the SKX, at least for when in the water. There's no stress about it possibly flooding or anything. Though for the evenings I'd still bring a lovely rep (probably the 16610).

Same here. Maybe the white steelfish for the eve

I would recommend putting the yellow breit and the omega on nice summer nato straps.  You wouldn't believe how great they feel and how much attention they get on brightly colored natos.  I just liberated my blue ti PO and my orange PO and put them on natos.    Really, they are so much lighter and have a summer feel that cant be beat.  When it gets cold again I will put the bracelets back on, but give your watches a summer vacation from the bracelets!