When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can tapatalk get any worse?

dbane883

I never use tapatalk, I always use the full web even on a phone. In fact, I find it frustrating that I frequently get asked to install tapatalk when I open up the forum, I've said no once now f***off!

Maybe this is an odd question, but where do the pictures get stored when using Tapatalk? I use it for Android and it is so flipping easy to post pics. Whenever I post pics they just go right from my phone to the forum. It shows up as a Tapatalk link, so it must be on their server somewhere? Will these links expire someday and the pics will disappear? I can't find anything about it in the app help.

Edited by Mendota Explorer

I don't use tapatalk, rwg has a really nice mobile skin that I use for free. If I want to post pics from my phone I do have to switch to the full Web version but other than that I prefer the mobile interface and find myself at odds when I'm reading the forum on a desktop.

I use the free version of tapatalk.  I also use my free photobucket account.  If I am just posting pics in someone else's thread or in the daily wristies thread, I use tapatalk. If I am creating a thread with pics that I want to have control over, then I will use my mobile photobucket app to upload the pics from my phone to photobucket. Then I get on my computer and create the thread that way and just use the photobucket links.  

I hate the swyping and typing ordeal on the phone, so there is no way I could create a full thread that way.  I need to do it on my computer.  Then I also have control over how I post the picture links.

I'm just wondering if eventually tapatalk will purge those images that everyone is uploading through their servers.

It's not my favorite, but it sure is easy to upload photos on those forums that don't allow direct uploads from your computer, and force you to use a photo hosting site like Photobucket.

Also wonder what the life expectancy of photos posted using Tapatalk?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk