When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

continuing saga of my ColaMariner!

cavi

starting pointred_mar.thumb.jpg.f7d3831fb995652f7f8bbc

new dialblack_mar.thumb.jpg.ba5b317d645c40c5f077

Aged Insertadged_mar.thumb.jpg.a92a7961c95824739e38

Cyclops removed and new band!  55e71dc58b8b2_Photo_Sep_02_8_19_20_AM.th

I really have never liked the cyclops on the watches, which is why I like my Sea Dweller over my Mariners, so finally lasy night I gathered up the courange and removed the cyclops.  I will admit that I practiced on two invictas and a chinese winner before doing my Mariner.  When I first bought this watch it I hated it, I was going to use it as a guinea pig to play with, however not it is one of my favorite watches!!!  My biggest problem now is my eldest son is in love with it.....

Damn, I never liked subs. But that dial is just superb. First time I've seen one, and its simply beautiful. May I ask, as to where you procured such a piece? 

I love the red, I love the coca-cola emblem on the dial, and I like what you did with the cyclop. 

I would like to buy a colamariner, can you kindly point me in the right direction please? I would appreciate that very much.

I saw one on one of the forums a while back - maybe RWG.bz, in the M2M section and thought about it and decided against it. Looking at yours I made a mistake as that is lovely with the aged insert: before it just TOO red. Well done sir. 

Wow, what's happening with the forum - my posts are all over the place? Fist the above was posted on another thread and now it looks like Legend said it lol.

Edited by kernow

I've not seen it at a TD, just keep looking M2M. If I see one I'll let you know. 

Thanks a ton Kernow. This is my first encounter with a "Colamariner" and I like it a lot. Is there a gen of this model at all, assuming that the one OP posted is a rep? (Pardon me if thats not the case), I know nothing about Rollies.

OP, looks good. I like the aged black insert over the traditional red insert and really like the shaved cyclops. 

Legend - General thought is that the Colamariner is an urban legend and that Rolex never made such a version. Of course rolex keeps mum on their models and won't confirm nor deny the existence of the Colamaraner. 

I wish i knew where i could get another as my son is pushing hard for me to "donate" it to him which is not happening. I got it here on a m2m. They guy said it was his father's. At this point i love it and it will probably always remain in my box!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP, looks good. I like the aged black insert over the traditional red insert and really like the shaved cyclops. 

Legend - General thought is that the Colamariner is an urban legend and that Rolex never made such a version. Of course rolex keeps mum on their models and won't confirm nor deny the existence of the Colamaraner. 

Thanks @jpz5142.. The more I see it, the more I like it... damn.

Try silix?

i remember nearly all dealers had the colamariner back in the day (starting with Paul / Abay)

Thanks mate I will try writing to him.

I wish i knew where i could get another as my son is pushing hard for me to "donate" it to him which is not happening. I got it here on a m2m. They guy said it was his father's. At this point i love it and it will probably always remain in my box!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And with that, I wish I've never seen your damn thread, or the colamariner! OK I will take it that it simply doesn't exist! :lol: 

Theres a new dealer well newish on RWI who will go searching the markets rather than just asking the makers or in sillix case checking behind his sofa !!!

I cant recall her name but I think its Sam.....

Or another really helpful guy is Ken or Warren from Chazing Time (Pyschospike on RWI) they have a guy that can source a lot of stuff...

But you might also try Narika as I wouldnt be surprised if he can get one from the MBK mall...

• 10 months later...