When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sevenfriday V series

markiemark

New Sevenfriday V series!

SevenFriday-VSeries-HDR-700x400.jpg31082015_SevenFriday_V02_004.jpg

I find this the most interesting of all:

The V-Series (and all other new watch models from SevenFriday from now on) will have a NFC chip on board. This new way of authenticating a timepiece (to tell fakes from authentic ones) is a nice step forward in watchmaking. Where digital technology meets mechanical engineering! Each watch with NFC chip can be scanned with a NFC enabled phone using the SevenFriday app. The app will immediately indicate whether the watch is authentic, or not.

http://www.fratellowatches.com/sevenfriday-v-series-a-new-cool-for-under-1000-euro/

• Like 1

I really have had a strong dislike of The Sevendayfriday watches..... I think its more to do with being more personally involved in when they first got started and released.... and seeing how they were being pushed... and the drivel coming from the guys selling them

I am taken aback by how they have become popular especially in Asia.. and fell off my chair when i saw they were being repped... ;) but hey each to thier own... who am I to criticise someone for having a different taste to me....

And there are of course many other watches I dont like simply because of my taste regarding its design etc... like we all do with watches or anything for that matter... but generally I dont have that dislike towards brands so much...

But this is one brand I really do not like regardless of the watches or their designs....

Never took to these either Pete second model pictured looks OK but going over specs in link a lot of other watches are to be had conus at 1000 euro price point that spec out better in almost every department. The chip to authenticate is a great idea however, how long before the big pricey brands go there but then again how long before rep makers figure it out and incorporate it in theirs.

I think a chip would be a good thing. It would not keep us from our hobby but at the same time ensure that people are not scammed by people selling fake watches as the real thing. It would kinda take the sting out of the rep business. And as for getting called out...hmm.

I actually share Pete's dislike of the brand. I think the design is overloaded with a purpose to show off. IMHO they are trying way too hard to make watches that look different and mechanical without aiming for elegance and that leads to a design that makes me scratching my head.

If they had been I might have liked it more... you cant 'beat' a night out clubbing...

Yeah, a night out clubbing is a good thing for sure... 

Really though, what is it about the brand upset you to not like them no mater what? I don't know the background, I only see it has seemingly become almost cult status here in Asia, but I don't see any westerners wearing them... I wouldn't wear one either of the last rounded square designs. The few shots I've seen of the new design posted here, although, I find more appealing.

• Like 1

Big in Asia Hmm.........,  not to stereo type but my friends in Asia tend to have smaller wrists than western men  for the most part why they gravitate to larger watches is beyond me.  

( not using myself everybody smaller than me)

Edited by Mike on a bike