When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Problem watch toro omega po roter dont swing

Hetlijk2

The buyer has now decided to have the watch rebuilt by myself and I have given him a €100 discount too, so everyone is happy now.

Thanks for your emails Toro, appreciated, but in this case, I will sort this out for him.

Now i have in total payed 520 euro for this watch i'm not happy with that... but perhaps mickey will help me...

Sir, I told you, please return it and I give you a refund. Let´s end this once. I am willing to pay you the returning costs because of that disgusting screw we both missed in the qc pics and it is definitely my fault. Than you won´t loose any money. 

Toro, thanks for your email mate.

I have now just refunded him the heavily discount rebuild price he kept low balling me, and I will ship the watch back to your Spain address, the only thing is, I only have the watch head here, the buyer still has the bracelet.

Do you want me to reassemble the watch Toro, or securely package all parts, and ship disassembled?

I decided to to help you out earlier in the thread based on the watch only needing a screw refitted, and all I was going to charge you is the return shipping.

When I received the watch today, not only did I put your watch straight on the bench ahead of waiting customers, I discovered the watch was in a very poor state, and was going to take quite some work to put right.

After informing you and Toro about this, Toro said to return the watch to him, I still decided to help, I calculated the new parts costs, and labour in getting this watch repaired for you, and emailed you the cost based on parts I have in stock.

You replied back, lowballing me, and trying to barter, saying you are a poor student.  Against my better judgement, I gave you a massive discount wanting to help you out.

Then a friend contacted me, and told me to stop being so big hearted, I listened, and then decided, yeah, I am being a fool here, offering you a serviced ETA movement, and rebuilding your watch for just €100, so I there and then refunded you and decided to take Toro's advice, and return the watch to the address he has in Spain, simple.

When Toro receives your watch, he will refund you the cost of the rep, bar the shipping.

You are then free to buy a new watch elsewhere.

Well, what looked like a simple case of finding the rogue screw, and refitting it has turned into a more time-consuming repair, so what I would do if I were you is ask Toro for a partial refund, as this for s stated Swiss ETA movement is beyond a joke really.  The stamping looks suspect, the balance bridge is Swiss, but has a rusty stud, not to mention the keyless, the winding, and sliding pinion are rusty!

22190181765_34811e169e_k.jpgNew Swiss Main Spring?  I don't think so by Micky Aldridge, on Flickr

22002863778_33fb27ea30_k.jpgSliding, and Winding pinion rusty by Micky Aldridge, on Flickr

22177952362_6913dd282c_k.jpgSwiss Balance Bridge with rusty stud. by Micky Aldridge, on Flickr

There are areas of the movement showing signs of water ingress, the balance wheel in particular.

Wow that mainspring looks terrible! The rest could be fixed but definitively not that spring I think.

So this is one of those mixed aswissen one eh? Seeing it I so much more love the Seagull clones!!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Hopefully this debacle has been worked out to the satisfaction of most everybody involved. Kudos to Mickey for his help and his time in trying to sort out a fellow members watch. Also Toro who stepped up and offered a full refund. He missed the culprit screw in his inspection, which is certainly possible. Hopefully  young Hetlikjk2 learned something from this experience, first, inspect your new watch closely and make sure there is nothing visibly wrong. second, if you expect to get a full refund on a defective watch, don't let anyone that is not and experienced ,trained watchmaker fiddle with it. Sort of like most everything else  you buy, their is a warning that "tampering with or opening the device voids the warranty".

Secondly, and probably as important a lesson here is the "Swiss ETA movement" option still being offered by dealers. These movements have been discussed here and on other forums extensively in the past couple of years. Here is the bottom line folks, this is for you noobs that have recently joined, or don't read anything. THERE ARE NO NEW SWISS ETA MOVEMENTS AVAILABLE!! Swatch has choked off the supply of these movements and even established legitimate watchmakers that have depended on ETA movements for years are scrambling to find movements. Look at the prices of the ones that are still being sold. Swiss ETA 2824-2's,2836 are selling from around 170.00 USD to well over 200 USD per movement. I realize that wholesale prices are probably 30-40% less than retail, but , I can guarantee the Chinese manufacturers are not going to put a 150.00 USD movement in a watch that they are wholesaling for 200 bucks!! So what you are getting is and amalgam of old Swiss parts and Chinese clone parts, in and attempt to assemble a movement, either that or and all Swiss movement that is old dirty, dry and probably close to end of life. The movement in the watch in question on this thread is a perfect example. Even if that screw had not fallen out and jammed the rotor, this movement in the condition that it was in would have failed in a very short time. Dirty, rusty, probably dry as a bone and with evidence of water incursion. This is a recipe for disaster, and unfortunately one that the buyer paid a premium for. So the lesson to be taken from this is simple. DO NOT BUY REP WATCHES WITH THE SO CALLED SWISS ETA MOVEMENTS. Order them with the cheapest movement available, wear the watch and if it becomes a keeper, should the cheap movement fail, send it to a watchsmith and have him transplant in a new ETA , Seagull ,Sellita or Myiota   movement, and you will likely have a good accurate dependable watch for years to come. Second choice is replace the broken movement with an identical movement. These are readily available at all of the watch supply houses and they are very inexpensive.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, the TD's don't have much if any control over the products they get from the factories. Pretty much can guarantee that they aren't going to open the back and check the movement( if they even knew what they were looking at!) About the best you can hope for are timegrapher results and good clear photos.

What everyone has to remember and accept is this is not like the genuine watch trade. The only warranties are by the grace of the dealers. We are dealing with counterfeit, illegal goods, and sometimes what we get is not necessarily what we thought we were going to get. Not singling you out at all, but as a generalization, if you can't accept the conditions that go with this hobby, then it is going to be a short lived bitter experience. Best to collect genuine watches and have a more stress free life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What our TD's provide is a safe method to buy a good quality replica watch at a fair price. These guys are out to sell watches not to hold your hand during the purchase process. If you want an AD experience then go and visit an AD. Toro is a great dealer who stands by his offerings. You are lucky to have found this site to assist you. Now sit back and accept that you are paying maybe 10% of the price of a gen for 95% of the quality. If you're uncomfortable with this you're going to be unhappy and won't stay long in the rep world. 

• Like 1

As an infrequent bystander who has bought 4-5 watches from toro and a few from sead, i just wanted to pipe up and say how impressed i am by the level of service from the community as a whole (be it Toro or 'random guy' offering to fix another random guys' watch for free).  I've never had a problem watch from Toro, have had one issue from a watch from Sead which he resolved fantastically.   i couldn't be happier.

I think my experience has been - especially as a newcomer not really understanding what 'normal' looks like - is that i had a lot of trepidation the first couple of buys - it's a few hundred bucks, and feels like a bit of a gamble accompanied by a 'trust me, it'll all work out' chorus on the forum.  to be honest i was quite skeptical, but in practice, that's exactly what my experience has been.

Be patient, understand that things aren't always perfect, and treat your TD as you'd like them to treat you, and it'll all work out.  Actually that's great advice for damn near everything!

Well this was certainly an extreme case, but it points out a serious issue in my opinion. We are buying these from 8-12 thousand miles away. Personally, I would expect enough to of a QC effort on the part of the TD to ensure the watch actually self winds and runs.

Problems may happen in shipping and so be it. But the QC phot provided here clearly showed the screw jammed in the rotor.

To me, unacceptable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello

Guys

I have paid the watch 370 euro

And i have paid extra 40 euro to finland the watch

Now for the bracelet i need to send the watch to spain is extra 40 euro 

Makes total 450 euro will i get 450 refund?

I wanna cooperate with toro he dont says hes adres already...

I wanna have all my money back to choice a td...