When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Problem watch toro omega po roter dont swing

Hetlijk2

The watch stops running when i'm stop wearing it

Before my po asian2813 runs 40 hours...

This watch less a hour but he is beautiuful ...

Hi, slowly give the watch a full wind of +- 35 turns, set the time and leave it on a table. See how long it runs to check the power reserve. If it is normal (36 to 44 hours) You still have a problem with the rotor (the caseback now maybe is too tight) or the winding mechanism.

• Like 1

You need to quit fiddling with it and send it to Mickey. That screw missing is very obvious, and for sure it's inside somewhere. Continuing to try to get it to run with the screw lodged somewhere inside is futile. Plus, you run the risk of damaging something. Just send it to Mickey, he will sort it out for free, all you need to pay is shipping, can't beat that deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just send it to Mickey forget sending back to China. Look at the years and post count of guys here trying to help you out. You have a loose screw in the case put it in a box wrap carefully and ship to Mickey do not screw around post haste.

PS pull out crown wedge something in there (this one hacks guys?) why, to stop movement so all good while it travels.

Edited by Mike on a bike

I now have your watch, and cannot find the ratchet wheel screw, do you have QC photos showing the rear of the display back so I can check to see if the screw was there before shipment?  I would rather know this before I start to disassemble movement from the rear.  The movement started running as son as I removed the auto wind bridge incidentally.

There are some indicators this watch has been opened up to me, of course, it could well of been sent to you like this, but there is an awful amount of dirt, hair, and grease here and there, especially on the seconds wheel.  Also the regulator fine adjustment is banked all the way towards the +

The movement has now stopped.

21568766283_7e178076dc_k.jpgDirt and small hairs visible by Micky Aldridge, on Flickr

22002038158_8938c441af_k.jpgDirt and hairs on seconds wheel. by Micky Aldridge, on Flickr

Well something is not right with this movement, I was releasing the power reserve so I could disassemble safely to gain access to where this missing screw maybe, and the rather wheel toggle gear flew off, this should not of happened, and I fear the barrel bridge screw holes have torn threads, but the chances that the barrel screw is also threaded is confusing, and if so, someone has been playing with this movement.

22189908305_5e285bf760_k.jpgUntitled by Micky Aldridge, on Flickr

Edited by SSTEEL

Yup, as suspected, the ratchet driving wheel reverse thread has been stripped.  I will replace the barrel bridge for you Q.

Q, be honest with me please, have you or anyone else been inside this watch since you received it from Toro?

Upon removing the barrel bridge, the main spring barrel was open, and looking at the main spring, its certainly looking worse for wear.!

22190174545_29a11b15ea_k.jpgUntitled by Micky Aldridge, on Flickr

22200486471_e55de453e4_k.jpgUntitled by Micky Aldridge, on Flickr

I dont open it there is inside already a scratch on it i think toro has opend the watch

Before shipping or the factory

Can you please show your QC photos from Toro?  I find this quite hard to believe that Toro would of shipped this watch in such poor, and terrible condition mechanically.

Well, what looked like a simple case of finding the rogue screw, and refitting it has turned into a more time-consuming repair, so what I would do if I were you is ask Toro for a partial refund, as this for s stated Swiss ETA movement is beyond a joke really.  The stamping looks suspect, the balance bridge is Swiss, but has a rusty stud, not to mention the keyless, the winding, and sliding pinion are rusty!

22190181765_34811e169e_k.jpgNew Swiss Main Spring?  I don't think so by Micky Aldridge, on Flickr

22002863778_33fb27ea30_k.jpgSliding, and Winding pinion rusty by Micky Aldridge, on Flickr

22177952362_6913dd282c_k.jpgSwiss Balance Bridge with rusty stud. by Micky Aldridge, on Flickr

There are areas of the movement showing signs of water ingress, the balance wheel in particular.

Edited by SSTEEL

Fascinating thread to follow!!!!    So disappointing to see this junk being passed off as a Swiss movement by someone with the terrific reputation that Toro has!     The ugly side of our hobby..............   :angry2:

Ok guys, the owner of this watch has instructed me to email Toro about this, Toro may well be innocent in all this, and the factory may of pulled a fast one.  Before I email Toro, I want to see your QC photos my friend.

Factory to blame I think.

Toro got back to me, he is going to refund you, and I need to reassemble the watch and ship it to Spain.

I'm in over two hours on your watch Q, plus I now need to reassemble it, and ship it to Spain on your behalf.

Edited by SSTEEL

The buyer haven´t been completely honest on this story.

I kindly offered him to return the watch to repair/refund, both to China or to EU, he refused to.

After few days he said his future father in law fixed the watch and now it works smoothly, than he emails again after 3 days that now again the watch has a problem and he would like to return it to Spain for a FULL refund. I told him if the watch is in brand new condition, it´s not fair that I pay him full refund. But anyway I have to inspect that watch and if it´s in brand new conditions I don´t have a problem giving him a FULL refund.

SSTEEL contacted me today that the repair cost would be 145 euros (about 170 usd) for a 358 usd watch, we, dealers cannot afford to pay these kind of things, otherwise we will be out of business in no time, we survive by our rules and unfortunately all dealers rules is not to pay repair cost as usually it´s much higher than our benefit margin.

Mickey he is going to return to me the watch and I will refund the buyer, this is the best I can do, and the buyer returns me the bracelet.

• Like 1

You send me a watch in very bad condition toro

I dont now much for watches thats the reason i send to ss...

The backcase was not good screwd on the watch thats why the rptor dont move and the wat h runs because i turn on the crown to change from time i thought it was because i wind with hand but it dont get power reserve ss says the watch is in very but in very bad condition to be new...

Thank you

Well, not to hijack this thread, BUT.....   The QC photo of the movement clearly shows a problem.   As the TD, you should have caught this as the watch clearly would not self-wind in that condition.   We understand you need to control your costs, but we also do not want to spend our money on junk.   Doing business half way around the world makes thorough quality checks all the more important!   The hard truth is that sending watches back is a risky process and can easily result in you having our money and we having NOTHING.

We would all like nothing better than smooth transactions, but to really be a TD, you have to act like it.   I've purchased many watches from you myself and never had a problem.   Now, I'm nervous because of this glaring issue and your response.   All the risk is on the buyer!

The buyer haven´t been completely honest on this story.

I kindly offered him to return the watch to repair/refund, both to China or to EU, he refused to.

After few days he said his future father in law fixed the watch and now it works smoothly, than he emails again after 3 days that now again the watch has a problem and he would like to return it to Spain for a FULL refund. I told him if the watch is in brand new condition, it´s not fair that I pay him full refund. But anyway I have to inspect that watch and if it´s in brand new conditions I don´t have a problem giving him a FULL refund.

SSTEEL contacted me today that the repair cost would be 145 euros (about 170 usd) for a 358 usd watch, we, dealers cannot afford to pay these kind of things, otherwise we will be out of business in no time, we survive by our rules and unfortunately all dealers rules is not to pay repair cost as usually it´s much higher than our benefit margin.

Mickey he is going to return to me the watch and I will refund the buyer, this is the best I can do, and the buyer returns me the bracelet.

Edited by pcardoza
  • Like 1