When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

****** Moving Apartment Notification November 23rd 2015 *****

SSTEEL

Hi guys, I will be winding things down here starting from tomorrow, this is due to an upcoming move on the 23rd of this month.  Not looking forward to it one bit, but needs must.

The apartment I work from is over a Century in age, and as such its in need of renovation, this renovation work will last six months or so. During this time, I will still be working, in the same town, but a different address, so please take note, and don't ship anything to my address you currently have on file. Don't worry though, if you do, I have already completed the redirect forms for our local post office just in case.

The temporary apartment is much smaller than my current one, so my workload will be reduced so to offer the same level of service and turnaround times.

Thanks for your continued support.

Micky.!

• 4 weeks later...

I am now in our temporary apartment, and almost completed setting up my workspace, just need a few days, and I will be back up and running, and continuing work.  This apartment, whilst smaller than our own place, it was a bit of a mission to shoehorn everything in here, but we made it :)  Just have a couple of shelves to put up, and then pretty much ready.  Having said that, I need to put up all our lighting, and asset able furniture etc.  Oh boy!

23393478495_ddb33d0950_c.jpgUntitled by Micky Aldridge, on Flickr

Oh and then there's the postal strike, which is still ongoing here, and with over 30 incoming packages, and over 20 waiting to be shipped, its quite an inconvenience right now.

Aha, not yet G I'm afraid.

Whilst the wife had me wiring new light fittings today, I thought I would put an old idea I had years ago to some good use, I had an old strip light, and always planned on fitting it to the underside of my work bench as a floor light, never got round to it until now.

23050667199_a5106c9172_c.jpgUntitled by Micky Aldridge, on Flickr

Ideal for when parts go ping!  Also planning on making a confined area under there to remove crystal AR coatings.

Edited by SSTEEL

See that white wall in the photo above?  I hate it.  Tried to put my shelving up today but after a few visits to the local hardware store, getting colbalt drill bits, the wall won, its damn solid stone.  Guess I need to now go and hire a decent hammer drill, and invest in some much better quality drill bits.

The cobalt bits I purchased melted.!  Which of course resulted in a hole in the wall, and no way to drill any further/deeper :(

I hate DIY :bangin:

Bottom drill bit is new, the top one is the melted one.

23360732812_923fafc3c9_c.jpgUntitled by Micky Aldridge, on Flickr

Hilti is what you need...everything else is just Kindergarden ;)

Sent from my wooden drums via Tupperware

I will look that up, have found a local hardware hire place, so will hire a proper hammer drill.  Glad we are only in this place for several months, will be glad to get back in out much bigger place once renovations are completed.