When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Genius number one buys a watch...

automatico

Pay now, ask questions later.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/207593/thread/1447326524/last-1448498582/View+All

Guy will probably end up with a cartel watch and not know the difference.

Genius number two wants to know if this rotted out 5513 is Ok.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/207593/message/1448544649/How+concerned+should+I+be+about+the+pitting+on+this+5513-

Genius number three tells him it is fine:

"if it does not bother you and you are not going to immerse your timepiece in water, then I see no reason for any concerns."

The case is Junk...I doubt if water dripping out of it would clue them in.

Unbelievable.  I get some of my best laughs on VRF.   :pimp:

i bought some 580 endlinks off vrf a while back, paid the price of an A+ set

i received them and one was crushed and the other was missing the spring bar loops and completely unusable. the seller didnt understand how i couldnt use it with the loops missing but in the end ultimately accepted the return.

so yeah becareful what you buy from vrf

Pretty amazing how there are so many "experts" around. There are some guys on the VRF that are pretty knowledgable. Those who make a living, or a supplement to their income by trading, buying and selling watches have to be pretty sharp, or they wouldn't be in the game for long. But there are a bunch of folks who are clueless, just like the idiots on The Rolex Forum!!

AFA the guy who sent 20000 Euros to a seller in Bucharest Romania, he is not only clueless, but a damn fool as well. He got scammed good and proper, and he can kiss that 20k goodbye!! No watch, no money.

The guy in Dubai, best advice to him would have been run away from this watch!! He didn't need a lesson in metallurgy, just that this was a poor choice in watches.qThere are plenty of those subs around, not like he's buying a 5517 with full provenience. He's going to be putting that porous case into one of the most watch unfriendly environments imaginable. Extreme heat, high humidity, ice cold air conditioning. Get it really cold, take it out and it expands from the heat and Walla ,foggy weather inside the watch.,

One guy is and idiot, the other is just a noob who is getting bad advice. Both are going to lose out in the end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You just need to be careful, as everywhere, apart from RWG.

This place is perfect place to be.

On Rep forums people help each other even when they selling stuff it's look more like giveaway of some parts which would be useful to someone and not just to rip of the highest price, selling completely destroyed/rotten GMT chapter ring dial where you can see that only chapter ring was there as "perfectly faded early GMT gilt dial with nice patina" for 5000 €.

Or every watch/case now on VRF is advertised as unpolished. Unpolished.. For 40+ years Sub, almost each..

Anyway, I got my best Gen parts from VRF, for good money.

But almost no significant help from VRF people while you have questions about builds/projects, parts..

looks like for them it's all about find "grail" in retired watchmaker's drawer evaluate it and then sell for a fortune.

Newer bought any watch from chrono24, all guys who I tried to deal with, and who have good prices there don't want to provide any reference and ask me to use Western Union..

Best rep parts and best advices I got from here!

And without doubt worst place to buy for me is Ebay, you newer know what you will get.. Last time I received Jubilee bracelet with "rbgsfrned snsawase" instead of registered swiss made.. Blurred pictures and 45 bids from 10 buyers, world get mental.

I returned it of course, but you know.. I should be carefu

This is my two cents..

Thanks

VRF used to be Ok but now it's not...it went PC. They ran me off years ago because I sent a message to one of the bosses that some fake parts were being sold on VRF and pointed out a couple. The guy blew up at me. Turned out I was right. I may have to go back on VRF later to get Fool's Gold prices for my old rolex parts but that would the only reason.

For now it's scroo 'em and feed 'em fish heads.   :pimp:

Wow, that's fishy.

And VRF looks like collector space rather than vintage rolex forum.. no one reply on any questions about projects, Gen projects at all..

Just authentication and "how much it worth today" or "is it good investment or not"..

Guys asking all the time what is better to buy as investment: early 1675 or tropic 1680 or rotten Great White.. He gets millions of comments.

Other one just ask about bezel specs or at least part number and interchangeability with other models, silence as answer.. Not good.

Wow, that's fishy.

And VRF looks like collector space rather than vintage rolex forum.. no one reply on any questions about projects, Gen projects at all..

Just authentication and "how much it worth today" or "is it good investment or not"..

Guys asking all the time what is better to buy as investment: early 1675 or tropic 1680 or rotten Great White.. He gets millions of comments.

Other one just ask about bezel specs or at least part number and interchangeability with other models, silence as answer.. Not good. emoji19.png

true, I rarely got any answer when I posted a technical question, they are mostly a bunch of guys with a lot of disposable income that are trying hard to get their peers approval. I hate those "investments" threads, why they can't buy a watch because they like it and enjoy it????? It's all about what the other guys are going to think of their potential new watch before "they pull the trigger"

They hate the rep guys but they would be surprised and humbled if they realized how much passion and knowledge some of you guys have....

I just read those forum out of boredom most of the time, and the prices on VRM are way inflated. Not to mention the GUI of the website that is so annoying and not user friendly at all, 1992 internet style....

Wow, that's fishy.

Other one just ask about bezel specs or at least part number and interchangeability with other models, silence as answer.. Not good.

I believe that one reason they won't discuss specs, is most of them don't know any of the technical information. The second reason is their paranoia that if they give out technical information, someone is going to reproduce parts that will be as good as the genuine at 1/10th the price. News Flash, it's already been done!!!!

Wow, that's fishy.

I believe that one reason they won't discuss specs, is most of them don't know any of the technical information. The second reason is their paranoia that if they give out technical information, someone is going to reproduce parts that will be as good as the genuine at 1/10th the price. News Flash, it's already been done!!!!

Most guys here could take them to school, they just have money.

We've got a deep bench here, that's for sure. What's not so obvious is that we also have plenty of members with more money than God.

It's just that here on good old RWG, we don't measure people by the size of their wallet. Character counts.

• Like 1

true!