When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Swatch group, good?

Mike on a bike

Well as we all beat up on Swatch group and for good reason I thought I'd mention this.

Black Friday MOAB must buy watch you know how it is................ So I decide my TI Citizen Eco-Drive chrono as great as it feels on (there new coating whatever it is is bullet proof by the way, not a scratch) must be replaced. Hey any reason will do right , hate to press button on the chrono to count respiratory rate on my patients anyway. So all over the net am I model after model, get it down to a few search prices on them everywhere come up with a Tissot PR 100 quartz , no mechanical for work  grab and go.

So at 8.4 in height nice and slim, 38MM but all dial will work just fine 100  meters water proof checks all the boxes. Now I find this for $166 bucks which is a steal take the model number and search doubt you find it that cheap again.  https://www.google.com/search?q=T049.410.44.067.00+&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=T049.410.44.067.00&tbm=shop
I went from site to site just exactly how long is the bracelet  ( must do this with every watch) well might fit might not.............. So it comes in a few days perfect all the goodies box etc and I put it on just a bit to tight no good.:fool: Now I call Swatch repair center in Seacaucus NJ get their parts guy on the phone "got this as a gift to tight" says I.  ;)  No problem he replies, three extra links sent no muss no fuss no charge at all! Bottom line is the evil Swatch takes care of there customers...........................

Edited by Mike on a bike
  • Like 1

They're the biggest group for a reason :) 

Yes they are, so now I am looking at a much more expensive auto from one of their houses and can buy with confidence as they will send me the links my massive wrists require. Smart business on their part...........

Edited by Mike on a bike

I think Swatch Group is really trying to create a positive buzz with their customers. On my advice a friend Joe bought a Tissot Powermatic 80 dress model and the thing went ka-bang after a week. Main spring. Rather than have any annoyances about service or anything - get in your car and drive to the shop, etc, they drop-shipped him another one, with a return-postage paid slip in the box.

He was pretty pleased 

I think Swatch Group is really trying to create a positive buzz with their customers. On my advice a friend Joe bought a Tissot Powermatic 80 dress model and the thing went ka-bang after a week. Main spring. Rather than have any annoyances about service or anything - get in your car and drive to the shop, etc, they drop-shipped him another one, with a return-postage paid slip in the box.

He was pretty pleased 

I would think now that's service!     Revere with 8.65 inch wrists my watch buying is a nightmare so to finding a company that has all their stuff in stock in my case links if you need them well they have my biz.

I would think now that's service!     Revere with 8.65 inch wrists my watch buying is a nightmare so to finding a company that has all their stuff in stock in my case links if you need them well they have my biz.

100% - same thing with me and clothes, oddly proportioned body - almost everything requires tailoring. 

Great service like that keeps customers. After all, what does it cost them to supply a few extra links? In the long term, if they give 3 links away and maintain a customer for 30 years who buys a $3,000 every 5 years.....

The store a friend owned was a Citizen AD and they would supply free links through the store to anyone who purchased a watch that was too tight on the wrist.

Otoh I know a Rolex AD who used to remove a link from all the tutone DJ etc then sell it back to the customer at a 'discount' for being a good customer.

The store a friend owned was a Citizen AD and they would supply free links through the store to anyone who purchased a watch that was too tight on the wrist.

Otoh I know a Rolex AD who used to remove a link from all the tutone DJ etc then sell it back to the customer at a 'discount' for being a good customer.

*That* is seriously *messed up*