When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this vintage Rolex 1655 any good?

docdoowop

Probably better to post this in the Rolex forum, lots of knowledge there.

Right off, the clasp is wrong, the 62473 is a jubilee bracelet so the clasp has been changed to the incorrect one. I don't care for the Explorers, and never got familiar with them, but lots of guys on the Rolex forum here are very knowledgeable regarding Explorers. 

Old cartel model -

So CG's and case basically the Wrong shape, bezel font incorrect,dial is sadly 'all' wrong. Orange 24hr hand wrong profile

Sorry but I'd buy the latest Cartel white lume with the 'nearly' correct mk6 dial. Change the bezel for one of yuki's latest ones flat '4's and remove a lot of metal from the case. Have a look at my previous posts for all info regarding the 1655 model

Cheers DH

1655-confr1.jpg

• Like 1

Old cartel model -

So CG's and case basically the Wrong shape, bezel font incorrect,dial is sadly 'all' wrong. Orange 24hr hand wrong profile

Sorry but I'd buy the latest Cartel white lume with the 'nearly' correct mk6 dial. Change the bezel for one of yuki's latest ones flat '4's and remove a lot of metal from the case. Have a look at my previous posts for all info regarding the 1655 model

Cheers DH

1655-confr1.thumb.jpg.49470e91b8f501afd5d9b95d9302c56a.jpg

Denimhead is the man on 1655. Great advice if you want an accurate build.