When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Look at the latest HULK V2 from JF !!!

themannier

Is it true that the one sure tell rep from gen is the direction the hands move when you rotate the crown? I think I read somewhere that when you rotate the crown clockwise on the gen, the hands also move clockwise, where the rep is opposite.

23 minutes ago, swdivad said:

Is it true that the one sure tell rep from gen is the direction the hands move when you rotate the crown? I think I read somewhere that when you rotate the crown clockwise on the gen, the hands also move clockwise, where the rep is opposite.

Sounds like complete [censored], the mechanism to move the hands would be the same no matter what, even on a rep GMT they dont [censored] up how you move the hands on a watch

1 hour ago, tyrantblade said:

Sounds like complete [censored], the mechanism to move the hands would be the same no matter what, even on a rep GMT they dont [censored] up how you move the hands on a watch

Given your incoherent reply, I'll wait for an answer from a long time Rolex expert.

Not sure why you'd waste your time posting like this, it makes no sense, but I guess it's par for your course. You have some real mental issues; you should deal with them instead of wasting your time here..

I'm in no way a Rolex expert, but yes, I've heard the same. A Rolex movement rotates in one direction and ETA etc rotate the opposite way. I would guess though that Rolex clones; Yuki etc will be the same as a gen Rolex. A minefield as always. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iceberg1459 said:

thats true. my gen sub hands rotate the opposite direction compared to eta. i dont know about other movts tho

Just as I thought, thanks for the confirmation!

Now I wonder if any of the clone rolex movements or the low beat MBWs move according to gen or not.

2 hours ago, swdivad said:

Just as I thought, thanks for the confirmation!

Now I wonder if any of the clone rolex movements or the low beat MBWs move according to gen or not.

Yuki and SA3135 have hands operations like gen. All other ETAs, clones Asian movements have the wrong hand operating. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, QueTip said:

Yuki and SA3135 have hands operations like gen. All other ETAs, clones Asian movements have the wrong hand operating. 

This is interesting... so what is the Yuki? Is it a refurbished Rolex or is it a clone? If it's a clone, then whey is he the only one with it?

1 hour ago, swdivad said:

This is interesting... so what is the Yuki? Is it a refurbished Rolex or is it a clone? If it's a clone, then whey is he the only one with it?

The yuki 3135 is a full gen spec clone of the Rolex Cal 3135. 

Whilst the SA3135 isn't really gen spec it just operates like a 3135, the yuki is fully gen spec so any gen 3135 parts can be fitted on it. 

• Like 1