When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Show Off Your Dress Watch

wadan

Hello to you all and a Happy new year :D ,

Here is the thing ,,, because of the nature of my job I am in a suite 90% of the time ,

Up till now I never let this fact affect my choice of watches :yu: , I wear Pams , Navitimer and even a Chronoavenger with suites an Tweed sport Jackets ,

How ever I am in the market for a dress watch

Any suggestions are highly welcome and most appreciated :D

Thanks in advance and cheers

This is my favourite dress watch:

176464-8289.jpg

Of course it's not a dress watch, but I always wear it with a suit (just like Bond).

Navitimer TT would look beautiful with expensive suit.

176464-8290.jpg

TAG Link Chronograph is very dressy chronograph too:

176464-8291.jpg

Ebel would do as well:

176464-8292.jpg

But like Clive says: Gentlemen should always wear their watches with a strap when they're wearing a suit. I disagree, but I'm not sure if I'm a gentleman in traditional sense. :lol: Of course there are lots of better dress watch choices than these (Breguets, Pateks, etc.). But I only own sports watches... and these would probably do. Just don't wear a orange Planet Ocean with a suit and you'll be fine.

This was my dress watch during all the pre-Christmas parties. Genuine leCoultre Master Mariner. Most people in here will probably find it smallish and boring (34.5mm), but I actually enjoyed it. Nice to have a break from all the big, heavy steel pieces. There is nothing like a genuine, and for official parties I feel that it is the right choice..

Did anybody break out in "Wow, what a fancy watch!!"? No, but as a gentleman in suit I rather choose the low-key look. It has the timeless "mainstream" look of so many watches from the 50-60 ties, but in my eyes it ozees quality.

176521-8274.jpg

My 6263 was also out for a Christmas party. Of course, nobody noticed this as a Rolex: :) Both these watches are low, and fits well under a shirt sleeve

176521-8275.jpg

176674-8238.jpg

Nothing quite oozes luxury and elegance like a president day-date. It use to be my daily wearer, but I decided to go easy with it (gold longevity started to come into question) so after a few months I put it into retirement and it's now for special occasions only. Goes very well with a suit, I must say.

Usually I wear a Panerai Luminor 44mm on SS bracelet. It has dust under the glass, but hardly noticeable.

I like the AP.. somewhat. The rest need some big screws on the face.. maybe a few massive hunks of buttons on both sides. My company went casual dress so I got rid of my Gen Rollie sub for a Gen Panny. I've made the death leap to industrial looking time telling instruments and can't find my way back. Please send help.

I am in the same position. I still quite often wear a casual watch with a suite. But some of my favorite dressier watches that I have now are IWC portugues, Cartier Santos and Tag Link Chrono

Are you referring to an IWC Portuguese Chrono ?

How is it working for you ? Being an Asian 7750 and all :g: