When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch Watching...

ubiquitous

My wife made an observation the other day- That observation being that I spend more time looking at people's wrists than anything else just to see what watches people are wearing. Now... This is, in my opinion, quite harmless and better than getting busted for checking out some other girl's 'assets' per se, but I realized that my wrist staring must be pretty apparent if she's mentioning it.

What I'm wondering is... Is this common amongst all of us watch nerds?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My wife made an observation the other day- That observation being that I spend more time looking at people's wrists than anything else just to see what watches people are wearing. Now... This is, in my opinion, quite harmless and better than getting busted for checking out some other girl's 'assets' per se, but I realized that my wrist staring must be pretty apparent if she's mentioning it.

What I'm wondering is... Is this common amongst all of us watch nerds?

Believe me Randy.... you are not alone on this :victory:

Gees, I'm constantly checking out people's wrists. I've been caught out a few times but usually people are oblivious to it.

On a similar note, once you've spotted a nice watch, how many of you subtlelypull up the cuffs on your shirt/jacket/coat/jumper to see if anyone notices what you're wearing?!!

Watch watching is a tried and true instant estimation of a person. Although it is not really fair or sometimes accurate, it is a common practice among not only watch afficienados, but salesman, and other professionals who want to 'size up' their prospect.

Watch collectors are by far the biggest wrist watchers and of this I plead guilty as charged. :busted_cop:

Guilty here as well. I wonder if people notice and wonder what I am staring at.

'All the time' now...

Was called out rather testily by a woman in a café in a memorable confrontation during one of the last Paris GTGs - the poor dear thought I was staring at HER!

On several occasions, I've even queried total strangers on the marque or model of the watch they were wearing....

Since I learned about brands like Church, Weston and John Lobb years back, I've also become aware of high-end and custom-made shoes, which are as much as a statement as the often more discreet watches....

where's the sign up sheet for the support group. I'll bring the cookies.

I have a pretty big staff, with occasional attrition. I have never made a hiring decision based on a watch..... but I notice. It helps me determine how "believable" some candidates are. Petty? So go ahead & hate me.....

:p