When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken or Gen?

ceejay

The dial doesn't bother me. The corrosion between the rehaut and the crystal concerns me more. I'd replace the hands- I just can't go with trashed out hands myself.

Isnt that just rust from water exposure? I belive i read a thread on TRF regarding just that but in that thread it was a 1665 that got the very same rust under the plexi where the plexi meets the case.

Cheers gents,

The watch belongs to my friend. He contacted me  for advice as he is considering getting the hands re-lumed and whoever he has contacted regarding that has recommended that he has the dial re-lumed at the same time. 

I just wasn't sure about the dial. The condition of the dial just doesn't seem in character with the rest of the watch?

if you think the dials good then the sensible solution is indeed, replace the hands.

cheers.

I'd certainly say the dial is later than the hands, I've got s Gen service dial in one of mine, pm me when you can and I'll forward some pics to compare if you like ;)insert not so sure about though, defo needs some new hands though!  

• Like 1