When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My 111h - Point Out The Flaws

evildee

Well you asked for it :D

Dial:

1) Colour of PANERAI and LUMINOR MARINA is white instead of salmon

2) A on MARINA is wrong

3) L SWISS is too big

4) Numbers 2 & 6 are wrong (2 is like a different font)

Crown guard completely wrong for an H model

Pin is not flush with the cg

Screws on the case on their end should come all the way to the end without leaving a gap

And all those without even looking at the movement..

Oh, and the black color of the dial is at about 315 K wile it was supposed to be 309 K.

(Maybe it's the lamp light, though).

Don't mind about those supposed 'flaws', they are so negligible that even a ViaPaneristi would not notice them. Just some eagle-eye PAM crazies like phoband and V could find them.

And even if your watch were a sh*t, that strap is stunning! :lol:

Did you Promarker the stitch?

OK....It is really an ugly watch. Just kidding, it looks awesome and no one is ever going to notice anything wrong with it (except maybe you) :yahoo:

Great lookng 111H!

I know a lot of Paneristi have talked about the "L SWISS MADE L" being too close to the 6 - Mainly on the 177H reps.

And not evenly spaced out as the Gen reps. Solution Davidsen dials.

But has anyone gone to the Boutiques/AD's and checked out the various models that should have this even spacing on Sandwich dials?

I have been to the various Tourneau's in NYC and in Las Vegas (Bellagio and Ceasar's Palace-Torneau).

I will confirm that SOME Panny models have this identifying mark!?! I even have a TOURNEAU catalogue from the store that shows this is NOT necessarily an issue for "screaming out Replica"!

Weird tidbit. But nevertheless, it does bug me about my 177H and I hope to upgrade like your 111H and Phoband's upgraded piece!

Cheers guys!

Great looking PAM! The brightness of the lume is excellent!

Is this a Davidsen? or did you get all the mods separately?

I'm trying to decide between getting a Davidsen or doing the mods to my older

asian 111H.

It's a reg REP dial that I superlumed. Davidsen's outter slice of the sandwich is not that thick. The hands are Davidsen. I prefer the REP hands though cuz it's more black. I need do some practicing luming hands. I will probably buy some hands from ofrei and some finger nail polish to practice on.

It's a reg REP dial that I superlumed. Davidsen's outter slice of the sandwich is not that thick. The hands are Davidsen. I prefer the REP hands though cuz it's more black. I need do some practicing luming hands. I will probably buy some hands from ofrei and some finger nail polish to practice on.

i wish i had the balls to take out the movement :) i think i could paint the lume on a sandwhich dial :)

Great Jorb

Did you mean salmon instead of white?

I just modded the dial on the left. How does this look?

182501-6819.jpg

Looks nice....but a lot of trouble to go through until they fix the "A's" . When they do fix them (as on davidsens 055 and 082) that'll be a great mod. How'd you change the color?

It was simple. I put the dial in a small container then blew a puff of cigarette some in there and sealed it for an hour. I think it's good enough and it looks off white.

LOL! Great diea! Unfortunately, I could make several dozen of those a day...