When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintage Daytona V72 parts

lillo

Dear friends

I've decided to make a Vintage Daytona .   I ask for help  from the most experienced guys.

I asked Yuky and he told me that the price of case is  $ 950.  Other parts have the price in the site, dial   $ 200/250 ecc...

Then I saw vintagewatchmaker. The price of case is  $ 1450. A full set 6263  costs $ 1995.

Yuky has  lower prices, but I do not understand if his parts are very similar to Vintagewatchmaker or  if  this  is better

I would like to hear the opinion of who is more experienced

PS today on ebay there is no Valjoux 72 !!!. Do you have any links to sellers who might have it?

Thanks for help.

Edited by lillo

There are a large number of lesser-known chronograph brands that are powered by the V72 & variants. Purchasing 1 of these V72-powered off-brand chronos is often less expensive than purchasing a V72 by itself. Unfortunately, I am not aware of a listing of all the watch brands & models that are V72-powered, but, because of the Valjoux's popularity, many sellers will indicate the movement in their description. Alternatively, if the seller posts good, clear macros of the balance wheel (most honest sellers will), you may be able to see the V72 stamping on the plate below the balance, identifying the movement as a Valjoux 72. Note that some V72s may lack the stamp.

If you have not yet come across any of the many threads detailing the difficulties in assembling these vintage V72-powered Daytonas, I can tell you (from experience) that it sometimes takes alot of time & patience to track down a good V72 & even more time & patience to find 1 at a reasonable price.

Runs in my mind that [mention=69185]occb2[/mention] I think it was him, published a long list of brands known to use V72 some time ago

Not me. I am clueless to Daytona’s. I tried one. A zenith build. Loved it but never wore it. If it had a date I would have worn it more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finding V72 chronos has gotten tough. When you pull up 'Valjoux 72' on eBay all the stuff is overpriced imo. Next would be to run thru Vintage chronograph on eBay. It's long and tedious, but you might find a sleeper w/ asymmetrical pushers or a shot of the movement. Watch shows is another possibility. Expect to spend $1K for the watch/movement and $300 plus for a service. Be careful buying Heuers- the plates may be oversized and won't fit in a Daytona case. 

• Like 1